Nintendo Afghan - 1up

CrochetCronies

I absolutely LOVE it. And not just because I'm a huge geek, but that certainly adds to my appreciation of your fine creation. ;) Well done!

Uh oh, I think you've just given me the next idea for my afghan to-do list! :clap What a great and easy pattern. I spent many an hour playing one of those boxes, so I *myself* will enjoy one of these. :lol

That is sooo cool! I checked out the rest of your blog and I am humbled by your graphghans. Simply amazing. :yes:clap

I am selling two SNES games on ebay right now - bought each for $1 at a yard sale and they are going for $15 and $32 right now! :yay I guess that old school stuff is popular!

I've been thinking of doing something like that for a long time now. one of my best guy friends has the 1up on EVERYTHING hats, t-shirts, hoodies, wristbands...the list goes on...i was thinking of doing it in single crochet but this way would def. go a LOT faster so thanks for the inspiration!!:clap

I finally got pictures of this up!

This is my granny square nintendo afghan. It is the 1up mushroom guy. If you have boys that love NES this is a great gift. I know my roomates love it.

Check it out on my blog.

http://crochetcronies.wordpress.com/2006/08/26/1-up/

I can't see any images :(

But I love the old school nintendo....takes me back to my wasted youth :P

:manyheartLee

• 4 weeks later...

That is the coolest afghan ever! I'm going to try some like that. My fiance wants one with the red mushroom now that he has seen yours. He knows I just learned how to make grannys a few weeks ago. Thanks for getting him to take a real interest in crochet, now I can get him in a yarn store without a problem. :)

-Nikki

Archived