The freeform bug has bitten

AuntDebbie

I had already decided I was going to dive into freeform with the purse I will be doing for the fall tote/purse swap.. I was working on a pattern for the teacosy swap.. those rows and rows of popcorns were taking forever..all I wanted to be doing was something freeform.. :hook then it dawned on me.. why not do a freeform tea cosy???? So I am.. I frogged the cosy I am working on and after chores are done I am going to gather all the red yarns I have and get to work.

I have been inspired by the pictures I have seen here! Keep it up gals!!:cheer

I love the idea of a freeform tea cozy. Hope you'll post a picture when you ae done. Caution: Freefrom is terribly addicting. I have pieces in various stages of development pinned up all over my work space.

:)Alosha

I can't wait to see pics of it...I think a free form cosy would be cute. (although I know my partner is incredibly talented and will come up with a bang up cozy irregardless what the pattern!)

I still want to try freeform but am so intimidated!

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I am in the process of making a freeform purse with fall colors. I get bored doing the same old stitch and pattern. Freeform is sure not boring, and it is challenging. I bought five summer purses for $5 apiece and am going to cover them with the freeform.

This is my very first post.

• 1 month later...

I've been gathering yarns from my stash to do a freeform piece.:cheer Im sketching in my "IDEA" book, so I dont forget the things that pop into my head. Most likely I wont start on it until after the holidays, then I will have more time... as I wont be making Christmas gifts for my family. friends and co workers. :hook The stuff here has inspired me also.... I love the unique and unusual and I love bright colors so this should be an adventure for me.

Doey....

I have only made ONE freeform piece so far, and I am working on hanging it up as a banner or tapestry......but I really like the idea of freeform work for utilaterian pieces (purses, teapot cosies,baby blankets etc.) I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Archived