~~Lovely in Lavender Doily

shella85222

that is GORGEOUSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

FYI, it's perfectly ok to share the link. But, sorry, it isn't right to put that pic here, since it's technically bandwidth theft. You can put a link to the picture, though! :hook

• 9 years later...

I'm sorry, the booklet is out of print. This link may help for what to look for in your search. Be sure to check your local library, thrift stores and online vintage crochet book stores and e-bay. One of the booklets may show up.

Thanks for trying to help me. I went to our local library yesterday but didn't have any luck. I think the only way I'm going to be able to get this is through Amazon but I really don't feel like spending almost $12 for it. I'm also thinking that it's probably stupid to try making this doily for where I was going to use it since I wanted to put it under some lamps and you won't even see the middle of it. I've been having such a hard time trying to find a doily pattern that I really like. One reason is probably because I can't go any bigger than 10 inches. I bought a pattern from Leisure Arts and have made a couple doilies for my lamps but I'm not sure I really like the finished doily. I've been trying to find something that has more closed spaces then open spaces. I had bought a couple doilies to put under my lamps several years ago but I could have used something a couple inches bigger. Since I got into crocheting again, I figured I'd try making some. The doilies I bought have a large flower motif in the center. I can't seem to find a pattern like it.

I know what you mean, 10" is a handy size, and so many patterns are bigger than that.

Have you ever been to this site?  (Warning, set aside some time to explore, lots of interesting stuff there).  

http://www.antiquepatternlibrary.org/html/warm/catalog.htm

The link is to the catalog page, sorted by author/publisher.  It's all sorts of crafts, not just crochet, and not all in English.  If you search on 'doily', you will get a lot of hits for both modern and very antique patterns, but first try searching on yarn company names like 'coats', 'clark', 'lily', 'spool', you will find some 1930-1960ish pattern books with smaller doilies in them.  'Priscilla' or 'Corticelli' will have older patterns, if they are prior to 1930 might be in UK terms (US used UK terms until somewhere after WW1).  You might want to stay away from patterns before 1900 unless you are really adventurous, because the pattern language is very different.

SherylD, on 22 Mar 2016 - 1:24 PM, said:

Thanks for trying to help me. I went to our local library yesterday but didn't have any luck. I think the only way I'm going to be able to get this is through Amazon but I really don't feel like spending almost $12 for it. I'm also thinking that it's probably stupid to try making this doily for where I was going to use it since I wanted to put it under some lamps and you won't even see the middle of it. I've been having such a hard time trying to find a doily pattern that I really like. One reason is probably because I can't go any bigger than 10 inches. I bought a pattern from Leisure Arts and have made a couple doilies for my lamps but I'm not sure I really like the finished doily. I've been trying to find something that has more closed spaces then open spaces. I had bought a couple doilies to put under my lamps several years ago but I could have used something a couple inches bigger. Since I got into crocheting again, I figured I'd try making some. The doilies I bought have a large flower motif in the center. I can't seem to find a pattern like it.

Have you been to this doily site before? There are many doilies there that have links to the patterns in blue. Maybe one of them will grab you.

Wow, thanks for the link. There sure are a lot of doilies to choose from at that site. I haven't had time to look at them all yet. I did however figure out what type of doily I was hoping to make. I guess it's one that has a Filet pattern. I actually bought a pattern book with a lot of Filet table runners and thought I might be able to turn one of the table runners into a doily.

Archived