BH&G Simply Creative Crochet

Julie

I bought and LOVE this magazine. I usually think crochet mag. clothes are too--???--for me to wear, but I like alot of the stuff in this issue.

I just bought yarn to make the mohair and roses sweater. I cannot wait for it to get here. I decided to use homespun instead of mohair though, so it will be a bit different than the picture. I'm psyched!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got 1 at kroger and 1 at randalls grocery stores, but they were at the front by the checkout not in the mag section. Make sure you hunt really good I missed it 1 week and found it behind some other stuff a week later.

I love them both the projects are really cool:clap . I have a long list , but gotta finish Christmas stuff first:knit .

Finally! I found this mag at BAM (Books-a-Million). Dang man, you guys were raving about it and I'd seen photos on the web and boy was I jealous. But no more! Ha Ha. :cheer2

Now, I get to choose a project to go along with my growing list of things to do. :D!

~DAWN

YEAH!!!!! Thanks to Julie I now have my copy as well. I think I'm gonna start with the cotton-ease hooded sweatshirt for my 3 year old son since I already have 8 balls of pistachio. Just gotta pick up 2 more colors for the trim & pocket. Then at some point i'm gonna make me the hooded car coat. That's the patttern i fell in love with and wanted the mag for!! Ohhhhhhh......i love the new project fever!!!:clap

~Rebecca~

i love that hooded car coat too, and am going to make as soon as i finish all of my christmas stuff:U , sometimes i wonder why i do this to myself and don't just "buy" a gift:<> , but then when they open it and ooh and ahh over it i remember why:)h , what color are you going to mkae yours in rebecca:? i am thinking a soft gray or maybe a heather blue, what do you think? i love to make things and change the color to fit ME:)) oh well must finish christmas stuff first, and carebears:rotfl ,so far i have made the one for jordan, a pink love-a-lotbear, a "grumpy bear. finshine bear and last night finished good luck bear. tonight on to a new one:bounce . have a super day vicki:D!

umm.....well i really love the color they made it in for the magazine cause blue is my favorite but I also love lavenders & purples so........i might have to rethink that.:thinking1 See what you did!!! lol Actually i'd love to make it in wool for the warmth so I might have to do some shopping, but mind you this project isn't untill after Christmas so maybe i'll get gift certificates from Santa.

~Rebecca~

I :heart this magazine. This is the first issue I got. I started the lamb and want to make the car coat. caplet. beaded scarf.. I could keep :blah :blah :blah or I could get off the :computer and get some crocheting done.

Betsy:sheepjump

Do you think TLC's Amore would be a good substitute for the Colorwaves in the Hooded Car Coat??? :thinking1 I have 4 or 5 skeins of it without a pattern. Well I found a pattern but decided against it.

~Rebecca

Unless you want to mess with gauge and all that comes with that, your should probably substitute with another "bulky" type yarn. Amore is worsted weight and therefore thinner. Maybe two strands held together, but then your looking at more money.:sweat

~DAWN

Shoot!!::irked I really didn't want to have to buy more yarn to make it cause that means it might not get done. Thanks for telling me though. I really am anxious to find a good pattern for that amore, I love it just am having a hard time picking what to make!!!:thinking2

~Rebecca

OK - I'm jealous of you all! I have been looking EVERYWHERE for this magazine and can't find it! :bang I guess I'm just going to have to resort to calling the 1-800 number to order it. Might just have to order the last one as well, now that I know that I can...:))

Yeah Rebecca, I'm wanting something I can wear, I got it in one of my most favorite shades of blue, the lake blue and I was gonna knit the bernat boa poncho pattern with it but chickened out and now I just can't find the right project for it. Very frustrating cause it's sooooo soft and I love that blue!!! :worried You have any ideas for me? My knitting skills are just barely beyond beginner but in crochet, I'll tackle any pattern as long as it's not thread.

~Rebecca

WolfEyez76 - Send me an email, I'll grab one for you. My grocery store still had five or six the last time I was there.

juliecrochets[at]tds.net

Um something that doesn't have too many seams and where the yarn will look nice. I've never used it before so I'm not really sure what kind of pattern to try with it.

Which issue of Woman's Day are you talking about? The latest one I have is dated november 16th. But I only see one scarf in it and I don't think that's what you're talkin about.

~Rebecca

Archived