Red Scarf Project 2007

Suebee42

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Caron has two new yarns in their Simply Soft line: SS Tweed and SS Shadows. They look really nice.

www.caron.com

Here's one of their patterns that I think I'll try first for this project:

http://www.caron.com/projects/tweed/sst_pom_scarf.html

:yarn:wgrin:yarn

• 2 months later...

Am bumping this thread to report that yesterday my mom and I, in a post-turkey and stuffing daze of: "I ate so much I can't even move!" began our scarves for this project. My mom used Homespun in Tudor and just dc'd with a 3 ch at the end so little loops kind of stick out at the ends of the rows, and finished in 2 hours. Just to be contrary, I decided to knit mine so I could try to speed up my knitting (Ha! That's a laugh and a half!) and because I'm as speedy as molasses when it comes to knitting, I only got about 12 inches done on mine (RH autumn something or other, with reds and golds and greens and navy blue). I remember when I was in college--I threw everything into the laundry together, so I want to make sure whoever gets my scarves can do the same. :P Will post a photo when we get our scarves all done.

Hope all had a lovely Thanksgiving! Patty

PS My mom was feeling cocky and said "Maybe I'll knit the next one so you can see how to knit faster and looser like me." Humph.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

I will be maililing my scarves out tomorrow. I got 4 done in the midts of everything else, during these busy holidays. Hope everyone has a WONDERFUL BLESSED AND PROSPERIOUS NEW YEAR !!!!!!!

Okay, I've made one last scarf, and now I have to seal up the package and get it ready to mail.

This post on my blog has a picture of the scarf; also, if you've got The Happy Hooker, you might want to read the rest of the post to see some changes I had to make to the Cupcake sweater pattern (it looks like they missed some errors when they put together the errata sheet...)

http://somuchtocrochet.blogspot.com/2007/01/wrapping-up-winter-break-projects.html

I still have one to get done, and I am leaving to go on a cruise in a week and a half, so I have WAY too much to get done before we go to get mine shipped off before WE ship off... LOL! I'll have to get them out after we get home! :D

I think I have 10 to send... not sure... LOL!

All I've seen is to ship ONLY in January. Last year, I think it was January 30th... but I'm not 100% sure.

*checks site*

The site doesn't say... but I recall that these scarves are "valentine" packages, so I think Jan 30 is still a good goal.

Mine will be shipped by then. ;)

I'd just like to thank everyone who is participating in this project. I volunteer as a mentor in the VMentor program (part of the Orphan Foundation of America) and my mentee might be receiving one of these scarves next month. If she does, I'll be sure to let you know how she likes it!

I got an e-mail yesterday that the deadline is, in fact, January 31! :D

-------

Happy New Year! The scarf or scarves you sent in last year were so appreciated by us and no doubt by our students who raved and sent in photo after photo of the scarf that arrived for Valentine’s Day! Thank you again.

The packages of scarves are starting to arrive and we hope you have sent or are planning to send in one or a couple of your lovely creations. Please send by January 31, 2007 to the address below c/o “Care Package”. You may include attached a note of encouragement, gift card, book of stamps or candy.

If you need more details, please go to http://www.orphan.org and click on the Red Scarf logo. You will easily see the Red Scarf info.

Our best to you in the New Year and thank you again for your support of foster youth and their futures! Best, Annalisa and all of us at OFA

Annalisa Assaadi

National Events Coordinator

------

• 2 weeks later...

They look great (especially so on a cold morning like this!). :wbrr

I posted the photos of mine in the Red Scarf CAL; here's the link to the page with my (bad) photo.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=33228&page=6

Not as soft as Aunt Bubbels', although 2 are made from Homespun so quite soft, but all drag-through-the-dirt and throw-in-the-washing-machine washable (I remember college!).

Patty

Archived