Crochet Fantasy

Guest PaisleyAngel

Guest PaisleyAngel

Has anyone else heard the rumor Crochet Fantasy is shutting down after this issue? It's circulating on a list I'm on, but I haven't heard anything official yet.

Guest PaisleyAngel

Same here! I just got mine in August, but I had to call them twice to find out if the two issues that I saw on newsstands since we sent in the subscription and check were coming. They weren't, which really annoyed me, but the circulation people never said anything about it shutting down. They said my first issue would be the December one and I would have it by today. It's not here yet which is really annoying, but all my crocheting stuff always takes longer to get here for some reason. At any rate, I heard yesterday that the December issue is the last one. :(

i'm still waiting to ehar back from them, i e-mailed the editor, ceo and andyone else i could think of about it but so far have just got a very generic we got your e-mail and will get back to you. :grumpy :mad m they had better not go out of business, i just renewed for 3 years. :bang :bang :bang :bang :bang :bang , there now i feel better!!!:lol but i will let you all know if i hear anything from them,. the really weird thing is that in the back of the dec issue(which i got last week) they have the up and coming stuff for feb. issue. something isn't right here:nono m but i guess we will have to wait and see. :<> have a great week friends. vicki:)h

well i heard back from the toads:box they told me that they are "temporaryly suspending publication" now what the heck does that mean:? :? :? :? , i e-mailed them back but haven't heard from them and doubt i will. and as far as my money:box :box :box :box if i don't get it back if they do go out of business, i will sick our attorney general on them>: >: >: >: she is running for governor so i could probably get some results from her.:fc oh well its only money right:? :grumpy:ohdear :o hdear, but if they do go out of business i will miss the magazine alot as i love the new patterns coming out.:cry have a great night. vicki:loco

Thanks for letting us know, Vicki. :eek2 What a shame, and the result will be they'll lose customers because they won't be trustworthy in the future. :irked We need more good crochet magazines out there, not LESS! :thumbsdown

i agree julie, i hope that they are just going throw some kind of phase. we need more crochet magazines as you said. wonder what it would take to publish one?:bad that would put them in their place:bad :bad :bad :bad sorry couldn't resist. hope your having a good night and will let you all know if i hear anything different. vicki:D!

Guest zoezzoo

darn it :cry and I was just thinking about subscribing to Crochet Fantasy. So glad I've read this...I still haven't been able to find the November Issue yet. Only one lys with emphasis on knitting, but Hobby Lobby has just opened a store about 20 minutes from here -can't wait to visit it.

Anyway, darn...I like Crochet Fantasy. I do hope it does get back up and running, but wonder what went wrong there?

who knows, the toads, well i guess we shall just have to wait and see:<> i have seen the dec. issue, in fact saw it today, e-mail me with your name and address and i will see if i can get you one. :)) i wish that people would do a pool before they decide we don't what we don't NEED>: ::mad . well we can only hope fro the besdt. i am still trying to find the womans day issue, found the family crcle one but they only have a couple of crochet patterns in it and the rest are knit so i didn't buy it. ah well maybe someone can tell me where to look. many thanks vicki:)h

• 3 weeks later...

I received a email from Crochet Fantasy the other day concering a back issue. The email said they were in the middle of moving their office and everything was packed up. It also said for me to resend my request in three weeks.

I'm not sure what to think.

hmmmmmm, i wonder whats up with them. i hope they don't go out of business, not just because of my subscription being just renewed, but because i love that magazine. have found soooooooo many things in there to make. keep us posted. vicki:)h

Don't know if this is new to anyone but me - but i picked up a copy of the December issue of Crochet Fantasy, at my Meijer's of all places, while my hunny was getting his deer-killing license... I tagged along just to pick up 2 more skeins of bernat for my sister's blanket, so i can finish it tomorrow, and figured I'd swing by the mags to see if there was anything good. I believe it was Crochet World they had also, with tons of XMAS stuff... not my style, but this Crochet Fantasy has a pattern for an adorable turtle neck sweater that I am in :heart with... Some of the other patterns not so much, but there are at least 3 that i like so it was worth it.:thumbsup

Guest PaisleyAngel

I will have to go look at my copy too! :)

I was reading through this thread again and it got me thinking... did Crochet Fantasy just make a huge public relations error and tell subscribers they "are temporarily suspended," but all it was is that they are moving offices? If Miki was told to submit her request in a few weeks, and there were previews for a next issue, maybe they really weren't shutting down, maybe it was just that they were moving and couldn't handle any requests. I know people called subscription services and were told they had no idea that the magazine was shutting down. I hope that it's just a big PR mistake (whoever their PR person should be fired for this one!) and that the magazine was just suspended while moving offices and that it's still going to be published. Now that I've seen the previews for that February issue, I *need* to make that dress!! hee hee :lol

• 1 month later...

Archived