I think I actually won something

I have not had a good couple of weeks. Somewhere in the middle of this mess I submitted something to the Local County Fair. First time I've ever done that.

I seriously didn't expect to win a thing. So badly did I think this that I couldn't work up the motivation to actually go to the Fair. Time comes to pick the thing up - my car dies. I have to beg friends to pick up for me. The confirmation call after the pick up went something like this:

"Looks really nice, even the ribbon."

"Ribbon? What ribbon?"

"There's a ribbon with it. It's blue. It's says first premium."

:eek

So like, I won something. First prize won something. I don't really know how to process this.

So that's what that thud was that I heard! I hope you didn't hurt yourself when you fell over in disbelief. :lol

Congratulations! :cheerI'm so happy for you! I don't know how you stayed away from the fair. I'm part cat :cat you know....I wouldn't have died waiting to find out. ;)

Many thanks on the congratulations. I have a picture. It's not a very good picture. But it's a picture.

135179300_253801da9a_m.jpg

In a year it will be a full sized afghan. But right now, it's the perfect size for a wrap. I don't know where I'll be in a year, so i submitted it as a wrap.

I'll get a better pic when I get it back on Thursday - provided my car cooperates.

AND

I won second place in a different department. I made a stuffed mermaid for a friend in my SnB group. She submitted it in my name. And it won second. So thats $5 total and all the bragging rights that go with it.

I'm, like, totally tickled by all this.

AND

I won second place in a different department. I made a stuffed mermaid for a friend in my SnB group. She submitted it in my name. And it won second. So thats $5 total and all the bragging rights that go with it.

I'm, like, totally tickled by all this.

and so you should be!! great work deserves the recognition and you just gt one of the highest forms of praise there is!! so happy for you:yay

Archived