I finally mastered Picots!

Hi gang,

I am making an adorable baby sweater and needed a trim around the bottom. So I decided to do some picots. Now, I have never had much sucess with them. They always looked a little weird, but I looked up how to do them properly in the Crochet Answer book, and they turned out quite well.

Sometimes, you really just need to try a new stitch and get over your fear.

I did and it turned out great!

I'm just figuring out the sleeves and then I will post a picture!

Linda:manyheart

:yay Linda!!!

You are right...sometimes we let our fears get in the way...

As my son says...GET OVER IT:eek !!! And once we do...we are set free to enjoy!!!:)

:yes I can't wait to see your pics!!!

Maggie

Picots make such a nice finish on the edge. You'll really enjoy using them.

Good for you to learn a new stitch. Isn't it fun? Almost everything I've learned to do in crochet I've taught myself. I read the book...try it...frog it...read the book again...try again...until I'm happy with how it turned out. You should be proud of your accomplishment.

Thanks for sharing.

:cheer :cheer Yipeeee :clap :clap Congratulations! :cheer:clap:cheer I just finished a doily that had a picot edge and finally mastered them too! :cheer:clap Isn't it a wonderful feeling??

I think that is a pretty stitch with the shell desgin. It is hard to understand at first. You will be adding it to so many designs. Have fun with it. Makes nice edging to dishcloths. PINKROSES

:clapGlad you learned how to do it.

Archived