My new crochet room!

I FINALLY, after being lucky enough to move into my dream home, get my very own crochet room! I have a room that's mine... a room I can escape to anytime I feel like it!

I'm so excited about it because I put all the work into it, and it got my yarn out of the closet!! Now it's all out for all the world to see!

Too many pictures to post them here so I want to just leave the link to my blog so that anyone interested can make the trek over to see it. :)

Any suggestions on making it even better would be great!

http://crochetchaos.motime.com/post/596796

that is such a gorgeous room, and an eviable stash too!! i wish i had a room of my own, our spare room is taken 75% my the hubby and his crap, i got the closet for my shoes and craft stuff and i have a small hope chest for some more, not counting the rest of the baskets/stashes in the house. it looks amazing the only suggestion i would make is a big comfy chair to curl up and crochet in, not sure if its just me but if i were to spend more than an hour or so at a time i wouldnt be able to sit on a hard bench. by the way i love the hat boxes decoration/storage duel duty and its so fancy looking!

Yes, it's a rug. I found concrete down underneath the wood (like the basement floor) once I chopped it up which is perfect because I couldn't afford to redo the floor completely right away. So I just sealed it up, used some anti-mold/mildew stuff, and put down a nice rug. I'm going to redo the floor later.

I started to put in a comfy chair, but I'll probably only be down there when I'm deciding on patterns, picking through my yarn, etc. Most of the actual crocheting will probably be done upstairs while trying to keep my four year old from tearing down the house! :)

Most of my stash is basic cheap acrylic yarns I use for afghans, etc. And almost ALL of it came from a clearance sale of some kind! If it's on sale and it's a pretty color, I'm probably going to buy it whether I'll ever use it or not! Horrible, huh! :)

It's a great rug, I like it a ton. And I really like the wall color too. I'd love to have a room like that.

I'm so jealous but so happy for you! It looks great! All you need is some soft music piped in, a comfortable chair or sofa, and you're in

business.:c9 Oh maybe a small refrigerator with wine.

My yarn has taken over the house. It's everywhere. Well, I take that back because I have fabric and faux fur and mohair all over the house. No wait ... my parrots are all over the house. I think my bed might be the only empty space in the house. It's a good thing I don't have a family; they'd have commited themselves a long time ago if I did!

When I bought this house, I thought I'd never be able to fill it up. WRONG! Now it's too small!

Hooray for you!:clap :clap :clap I love your new room. It's nice to know that the history of that room will take a decided turn for the better. :) I'd love to see what you eventually do with the floor. And...don't call it a craft room. Artemis (here at the 'ville) calls it a "fiber studio"! :D

When I saw the title to your post, I was jealous before I even looked, because right now I share a 1 bedroom apartment with my boyfriend and a cat.

And then I looked at your blog.

I now suffer from room envy, stash envy, and an intense desire to move lol!

Seriously, though, great job. The room looks great!:cheer :cheer

I love the room. Having all that yarn out there reminds me of my LYS's where i go in and just touch and fell all the pretty yarns. Congrats!

Oh my:manyheart ..cant wait until my room has that much yarn in it, right now it is full of fabric for quilting and sewing.:yay ..I have changed gears thou and crocheting more..:cheer

Archived