Suggestions Crochet stitch bible or

I wasn't going to get it either but enough people here have it that I was convinced to give it a try.

I really didn't think I needed it. I have magazines out the ears and there's tons of stuff online.

However I'm really thrilled that I changed my mind. What I've seen so far, there's some really clear instructions compared to others I've seen.

And just having the stitchs and squares at my fingers will be a help, especially when my husband is online and I can't look. LOL

If you order from Amzon.com, it's only $19.79 and if you order something else to bring it up to $25 total, you'll get free shipping.

Now I need to check into the other book. I also want think I want to get the 101 Crochet Squares booklet. I think that's the one.

I actually prefer the encyclopedia to the stitch bible if I am trying to learn something new (like Tunisian) because it covers the basics of different types of stitches better (and the Bible shows lefthanded and righthanded if that's important to you).

I also prefer the Encyclopedia because the colors they used in the stitch pattern section is a lot better. The Bible looks washed out and I find it harder to see the stitch definition when I'm looking for a pattern.

That said, the Bible is a lot smaller, hardcover, lies flat, and has about the same number of patterns as the Encyclopedia.

My Encyclopedia is beat up right now but my Bible is in pretty good shape.

I'm glad I have both; I use both regularly.

-jess

:bounce:bounce:bounce:bounce:bounce

*starts hypnotic bouncing*

buy the bible - buy the bible - buy the bible

:bad :bad :bad :bad

• 3 weeks later...

So, I saw the Encyclopedia yesterday, and thought that was the one everyone was saying to buy. So I bought it. Now, I realize that everyone was saying to buy the bible. Uh oh! Now I have to get the bible too. BUT, I'm VERY excited about the encyclopedia right now! It has a bunch of neat stuff that I have never seen before, and it's doing a really good job at inspiring me to create some of my own patterns with those stitches. AND it's really easy to use and understand!

I've got the Bible and i love it. I love just looking at it. ooooh, pretty colors!!!! I liked how it had different sections for edging and such. I already used it and i only had it 1 day.

I don't have the Encycolpedia but will get it one of these days!!!!

I also have the Crocheters companion which is great to put into my travel bag for reference.

i have both! donna kooler's encyc. has some history of crochet in it as well as different stitches and patterns too. if you just want stitches, there are more in the crochet stitch bible. both have beautiful pictures:manyheart

Bible or Encyclopedia???? WOW...that's a tuffy. I have both and couldn't part with either. And since you already bought the Encyclopedia I'll say....buy the Bible!! Afterall, it IS the Bible! :devil And ditto on what everyone else has said about both! :book

Archived