Knit out and crochet too Boston

ktornatola

I'll be seeing you there:clap Actually a small group of us from the Cape will all be travelling into the city together, My Mom and I went last year and it was AWESOME:yay We spent the whole day, then went to a cool craft store called Windsor Buttons. It was great since alot of the vendors are from the area and give you coupons and discounts for the stores. Maybe we should designate a spot and time that all of us villagers can meet up? It would be great to finally put a face to some of the names that I see out there on the boards:manyheart

Anyone in the area interested in going? I'm about 45 minutes from Boston and will be taking the T.

http://www.bostonknitout.com/

I'm 45 minutes NW of Boston and plan to go as well...

where & when are we meeting?

OH, and didya hear (this should prob be a new thread...) CGOA conference next July is in Manchester NH!!!!!!

Trish, you're so sweet you're making me :blush You know flattery will get you everywhere!:laughroll Well as for a meeting place, I'd say that the best bet would be the stone gazebo thing, you can't miss it- it's BIG. As for what time, what do you all think about 1:00? That would give everyone time to get there and maybe have a chance to look around a bit. I know that I'll be there early, I think my Mom and I were there 1/2 an hour before it officially started last year:lol Or maybe we can all wear a certain color ribbon or something to identify us? I don't know :scrachin just tossin out some ideas:) By the way...... :yay about the CGOA conference, I've never been to ome before:hook

I'll be going to the Boston knit out as well. I was actually coming here just now to post about it. I guess you guys beat me to it. I'd be taking the bus from Hartford probably. Or if my friends are feeling like dishing out mad $$$ for parking maybe they'll drive.

Meet at the gazebo?

Perhaps i'll be the dork wearing the neon green knit out 05 tee shirt.

Trish, you're so sweet you're making me :blush You know flattery will get you everywhere!:laughroll Well as for a meeting place, I'd say that the best bet would be the stone gazebo thing, you can't miss it- it's BIG. As for what time, what do you all think about 1:00? That would give everyone time to get there and maybe have a chance to look around a bit. I know that I'll be there early, I think my Mom and I were there 1/2 an hour before it officially started last year:lol Or maybe we can all wear a certain color ribbon or something to identify us? I don't know :scrachin just tossin out some ideas:) By the way...... :yay about the CGOA conference, I've never been to ome before:hook

Sounds perfect!! I was thinking of getting a t-shirt and puffy painting 'the 'ville' on it. Get a little publicity....hehehehe

• 1 month later...

I didn't get a chance to meet up with anyone, but you might have seen me.

I was the tool carrying this purse:http://www.flickr.com/photos/tezcatlipoca98/253043581/in/set-72057594132993355/

EDIT: I realized a few min after posting this that my flickr had locked this and several other pictures. I fixed it now.

Yeah, it's not as super exciting as I think it should be. There should really be more events, awesomer door prizes, and vendors. If I lived closer i'd try to help with the planning of it.

That door prize thing- I got this booklet of patterns for hats and I was excited, but then I looked at it more and realized it was a book of pictures of patterns with one crappy pattern included.

I'll be seeing you there:clap Actually a small group of us from the Cape will all be travelling into the city together, My Mom and I went last year and it was AWESOME:yay We spent the whole day, then went to a cool craft store called Windsor Buttons. It was great since alot of the vendors are from the area and give you coupons and discounts for the stores. Maybe we should designate a spot and time that all of us villagers can meet up? It would be great to finally put a face to some of the names that I see out there on the boards:manyheart

Well, I thought I had replied, but apparently, I hadn't. I think it would have been more fun if I had known about this thread before I went. I did get to meet Nadine though.

Hey Pfirsch! I remember talking with you:waving You even met my Mom and sister Rachel, right? How did you think the Knit Out went? Or what everyone elses opinion is for that matter. I have to agree with Trish, especially after attending last year. Shouldn't gatherings like this get better each year? It's just too bad:no I've seen some reviews of other Knit Outs and they seem like so much fun. Any reply yet to your e-mail Trish?

Hey Pfirsch! I remember talking with you:waving You even met my Mom and sister Rachel, right? How did you think the Knit Out went? Or what everyone elses opinion is for that matter. I have to agree with Trish, especially after attending last year. Shouldn't gatherings like this get better each year? It's just too bad:no I've seen some reviews of other Knit Outs and they seem like so much fun. Any reply yet to your e-mail Trish?

Well, I read Trish's E-mail on her blog and she pretty much hit the nail on the head. There were some women behind us cracking up at how badly the fashion show was going and pretty much verbalizing what I was thinking. Since when does Wool-Ease felt? I mean, really. My friend and I thought that the fastest knitter and fastest hooker contests were terrible and she came specifically to see that! The MC definitely needs to be more on the ball.

I think I would go again, but I wouldn't stay for very long unless I knew that I was going to meet up with people. It was very cool meeting Nadine and finding out that she's also at Crochetville and hanging out with my friend who I hadn't seen in a while since she had moved to Boston. The rest was so-so.

We should plan our own crochet get together.

• 3 weeks later...

I've attended the Boston Knit-out in years past and it's been great...one

year at South Station they had Kaffe Fassett at the fashion show, and there were many beautiful knitted and crocheted garments in the show. I think maybe the outdoor venue just doesn't work as well....too spread out, not enough vendors, awkward traffic pattern within the tents. However, the vendor give-aways were excellent, and I met many talented and friendly people. Perhaps the crocheters could volunteer to coordinate a piece of next year's event, including organizing fashion show entries. Bloggers could help publicize it starting in early summer -- it COULD be made better with some joint effort.

Kathleen

http://www.fastnettravel.com

Archived