1. 1. which color combo do you like

• color combo 1
    • color combo 2
    • color combo 3
    • color combo 4
    • i dont like any of them

CHOICE MADE, TOTALLY THREW OUT THIS IDEA AND WENT WITH PLAIN PINK

my friend (shes 17) is having a baby girl in 7 weeks... the room is yellow

im seriously considering a round ripple and i was playing around with the colors

i used kwoolls as a jumping point http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=31646&

and heres what i did (too big to post the picture)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/michelle_e/babyblanket2.jpg

i think i like #4 the best (numbers in top left corners)

the colors will be more like

450-157a.jpg and 450-169a.jpg or 450-156a.jpg

o and im open to other suggestions too :)

My first instinct when I looked at them was that #1 was my favorite, which I voted for, but I also like #4. Those are really cute colors! I am sure your friend will just love it, whichever color pattern you choose. :)

Gosh they are all so happy and sunny. How can I pick just one!! I love the pattern too!! Uuummmmm, I thhhhiinnnkkkk, number 2 is more soothing.

Interesting trivia: One of my client's is a ER Pediatric Physician and she tells me that the best visual colors for newborns are red, black and grey . :huh

Can you imagin, how depressing!!:sigh She says that newborns only see in shades of grey and black with red as a denser black and black looks like a dark grey. Go figure! I absolutly cannot imagin a nursery in deep red, black and grey!! :think

Although, my daughter's boyfriend says that black and grey/silver would be good for a boy's nursery. I guess you can tell he is a Raiders fan! :lol LOL !!

The yellow and the limey-er green on the right.

Or all 3 in stripes. Sortof fade into/out of yellow.

I like tezcatlipoca98's idea. Maybe you can do something like that using this technique? I'm just about finished making one similar to the one smokeyp81 made and it's turning out beautiful! I was wondering how it would look in other color combos.

I voted for 1 since that one is the first one that my eyes went back to, but I also like no. 4 a lot. I think Baby would like either one. As for red, black and white, they've been selling baby items in those colors for a long time. The first toy I bought the baby who became my nephew was a black and white spotted dog (his mom had a black and white spotted live dog, too, at the time so it was very appropriate) that was marketed exclusively as stimulating an infant because of their 'color blindness,' and he's turning 16 in two weeks. There are lots of cool toys out there in these colors, so even though I can't see a nursery done inthese colors, I sure can see toys and accessories. Yea, I'm one of those aunties that falls for stuff like that, but I didn't go whole hog and buy him Baby Mozart. I wanted to, though. :lol

thanks for the opinions everyone

i really dont like yellow, but thats the color shes doing the room

im also considering totally ditching yellow and doing colors like purple... i cant get to the store to buy yarn till tommarow so i have some time to think

I like tezcatlipoca98's idea. Maybe you can do something like that using this technique? I'm just about finished making one similar to the one smokeyp81 made and it's turning out beautiful! I was wondering how it would look in other color combos.

i'll consider it but im not sure how it would look with these colors

Using the colors I have for my ripple, I made a quick swatch for you since I was just sitting here reading the boards. (And since I'm considering doing another one in different color combos so I was curious. :) ) It doesn't really show the full effect of the technique since I didn't do 3 rows each but I thought it might help you visualize it. I was using the number 4 pattern of white, yellow, green, white, etc....

tempsample.jpg

If you'd like to see the swatch up close and personal I can snail mail the swatch to you. Just PM me your addy.

Using the colors I have for my ripple, I made a quick swatch for you since I was just sitting here reading the boards. (And since I'm considering doing another one in different color combos so I was curious. :) ) It doesn't really show the full effect of the technique since I didn't do 3 rows each but I thought it might help you visualize it. I was using the number 4 pattern of white, yellow, green, white, etc....

tempsample.jpg

wow thanks, i think i might do that

before i decide im going to buy the yarn and see if i like the extreme contrast when i hold them together

crochetrae, i agree it is a lot of white... when i do it i think im going to make the white sections smaller than the yellow and green ones

tempsample.jpg

If you'd like to see the swatch up close and personal I can snail mail the swatch to you. Just PM me your addy.

oooooohhhh, those are sure pretty!

well i just found out from my friends mom that shes not doing the room just yellow, it'll be pastels in general

im so happy!! i really dont like yellow and didnt really want to work with it

so now i get to do any color i want

i dont know what yarn or color im going to do, i went to michaels today and didnt find anything i liked... hopefully i'll get to walmart and possibly joanne fabrics soon

very hard to get to the store since my mom works a lot and i cant drive

Oh good... because I'm not a yellow person, either, so none of them were grabbing me. LOL!

I like the two different greens next to each other... any way of doing a gradient from darker green to lighter green to white? Or is that too much green?

Lavender might be nice with the greens, and still girl it up a little... or the lighter green with a rose and white...

My choice would be a the lighter green with a lavender and a blue, but that's more boyish... hehe...

I meant to say combo 2 - those colours would suit a girl or boy & they are not too harsh.

Picking colours is really tough - you have my sympathy

Good Luck

Archived