Snowman from recycled bags

TamKing

Here's a pic of the snowman I designed and crochet almost entirely from recycled grocery bags. The only yarn on him is his nose and scarf. Enjoy! :hook

S2.jpg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that is just tooooo cute! It's awesome what you did with plastic grocery bags! I am very impressed! What a snowman! He's fabulous! :cheer :cheer :cheer

:eek and:faint !! WOW! That is amazing. I've only done tote bags/purses. That's really cool. Did it hurt your hands?

Way to recycle! :clap Oh- did you stuff him with plastic bags, too?

Tina

Just love it! Our bottle shop bags here are orange. They would be a good nose. What did you use as stuffing?

:eek and:faint !! WOW! That is amazing. I've only done tote bags/purses. That's really cool. Did it hurt your hands?

Way to recycle! :clap Oh- did you stuff him with plastic bags, too?

Tina

Tina,

Thanks for reminding me......the snowman was stuffed with plastic bags, too. I wanted something that would be okay if I put it out on the porch.

Thanks everyone! He was a great deal of fun to make.

Mom w/a motif no it didn't hurt my hands to make him. I think the key to working with the plastic is to not struggle with it. Larger hooks (I used J and K) also seem to help. Cleaning the hook now and then helps the plastic to slide more easily, too.

thats cool, if you stuffed it with plastic bags too you could use it as an outside ornament

(sorry if someone else already said this, ive only read the 1st page of replies :()

Archived