Diagonal Box Stitch Baby Blanket

Deb

Wow that looks fabulous!

I've tried three different diagonal afghans, and all three of them have turned out to have two corners that are bigger (not right angles) than the other two. Do you normally have that problem, or was this design different? I still can't figure out what I do wrong to make mine, and your blanket looks GORGEOUS. I'd love to try one, it's so inpiring! But I'm afraid...very, very afraid!

This is the first afghan pattern I learned. My Aunt taught me this 33 years ago. I had a problem with my stripes not coming out right in the end too but I figured it out. I used 5-row stripes throughout. When you get to the first corner and are ready to make the turn at the end of a stripe, extend it out one more row with the next stripe and then turn, When you get to the second corner, turn right away. It doesn't matter if you extend the first corner or the second corner, as long as you only extend at one corner. Draw your design out on graph paper and you'll see what I mean. I hope this helps! I have several afghans from this technique on my slideshow.

You did a wonderful job! I love the pattern and the colors you choose are beautiful together!

Thank you everyone.

I think those of you who are trying this pattern for the first time will find it very easy to understand.

I'm tempted to do another... just to have on hand in an emergency. :hook

Archived