Stitches Midwest anyone?

mwedzi

Hi Everybody,

I just got back from my time in South Africa tonight. I don't see a post about Stitches Midwest outside of Chicago (in Rosemont), is anyone else going? I'll be there tomorrow, certainly by noon. If you are going, look for me (black girl, long braids, beadwork necklace) and say hi.

http://www.knittinguniverse.com/xrx/events/EventDetail.php?EventID=27

Thanks for the welcome back. My trip to South Africa was great! I'm missing it right now, even. Back home to the mundane. *sigh* At least I have yarn to console myself.

I did go to Stitches, it was fabulous! Just imagine the finest LYS you've been in, times 100. There were over 100 vendors there (I think, didn't count), selling basic yarns, exotic yarns, buttons, beads, hooks, needles, etc. Did I mention there was a lot of yarn? It was really great. I didn't take any classes, no money for that, but I had a good time walking around and seeing all the different yarns, and even bought a couple of skeins of some white mohair plied with gold and silver metallic. So pretty.

Etaria, it's a shame you missed it. It will be back again next year. And for those of you on the East Coast, Stitches East is yet to come this year.

I was in Chicago that weekend, unfortunately (not really, but you know what I mean) busy with my brother's wedding, so I couldn't go to Stitches Midwest. My mother called me urgently from Oregon after she got home, saying "A lady on my email list says she just got home from an incredible yarn store in Chicago called Stitches Midwest! I thought you would want to go, too!" She was disappointed to hear that it was a convention that was already over...

But I did go to Loopy Yarns in Chicago, and got a couple of great bargains...

Etaria, it's a shame you missed it. It will be back again next year. And for those of you on the East Coast, Stitches East is yet to come this year.

Well I am DEFINITELY going to go next year!!!! Hey.. haha if you happen to remember, send me a reminder notice?!?! I don't want to miss it again!

Archived