My Fiance said I lost my mind!

What a GREAT question! :clap Okay, I usually have at least two hooks (and sometimes needles for knitting) and a pair of scissors in my purse! And most of the time my hubby and I go on our errands, or to the camper, I have at least one project going! I can make half a baby granny square afghan on the way to the camper and the other half on the way back, IF I don't complete it AT the camper! If I have one of my totes with me, I always carry extra hooks and yarn to teach others if they'd like to learn! And having hooks and scissors on me all the time keeps me prepared to be able to pop into a nearby store to pick up yarn just about anywhere we travel! And, finally, I oftentimes take a project with me to a nearby Wendy's to work on while I'm studying! I get some funny looks and questions about doing both at the same time, but that doesn't bother me - - especially when I leave from there with a finished project! :hook

NO, Tami, you have NOT lost your mind!!! ;)

Wow, I was stuck at a long light or there was traffic on streets, and I took my crochet out and did a few sts. in between the lights. It made the red light or traffic not seem so long. At least I felt that way.

jaye

NO way are you alone, I keep a G hook in my purse and yarn in the diaper bag! I also have yarn in the glove dept. My GF said she put a crying child to sleep in a waiting room by knitting, I bet her mommy was glad SHE brought that project!

I crochet just about everywhere. Not sure I would crochet in church but I did crochet in the back of the auditorium at a school concert. My teenager thought it was odd but it wasn't even a school one of my kids went to lol! Ds helped with their concert preparation & it was obligatory to be there plus ds played for one song. We were early too, so I crocheted during their PTO meeting too lol Someone might have thought I was weird if they didn't know I wasn't a parent of a student there but it would have been really boring without my crochet bag along.

5 years ago a friend and I went to this sci fi convention near NYC. I remembered to bring a hook, some yarn, a pattern book and scissors, but I forgot my toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant... basically everything I really needed that wasn't clothes. I had to rush to the gift shop the next morning the second it opened to buy all that stuff so I wouldn't be gross all weekend.

My family and I are going to see our families about 4.5 hours away this weekend, and my hubby called me and told me I can only bring ONE:eek tote bag of crocheting. OMG one bag what is he thinking...9 hours round trip not to say the time sitting in the AM and evenings when there is nothing going on. Oh but wait there is someting he didn't say..how BIG the bag could be...or that I could not stop and get something else....:devil but can you believe him..ONE bag..:blush

I take a project bag with me everywhere! Keeps me sain

Archived