Dollar store - can you believe...

Mom2PBJ

they are indeed hand made by someone in china. We even have crochet placemats for a dollar. How can anyone compete with these prices.....its not just doilies. at my local dollar stores they have kitchen towels, crochet scrunchies3/$1.00, cotton face clothes they are woven but from cotton 2/$1.00, aprons, children's slippers and I can't even begin on ornaments.....bird house wind chimes; the chimes cost me more than a dollar as well as the house and a bird and the paint. there are so many projects that I no longer consider because of dollar stores and I could rant, and rant about Wal-mart. I use to make pot pourri but I can get a huge bag for a dollar .... not worth drying for a dollar let alone the scent or stabalizer. It sickens me because these women are being exploited . I got a hand embrodiered tablecloth from India for twelve dollars....I couldn't buy the fabric for that money. I'm as guilty as any one else in buying these things and I really hate myself but ....I justify my purchases any way.

And aren't we lucky that we CAN do it for pleasure, rather than working out fingers to the point of arthiritis and stiffness in order to feed and clothe our families? Seriously not trying to be moralistic here, just something I was thinking of.

And aren't we lucky that we CAN do it for pleasure, rather than working out fingers to the point of arthiritis and stiffness in order to feed and clothe our families? Seriously not trying to be moralistic here, just something I was thinking of.

I agree completely. One of the many benefits of living in the U.S.A.:clap :clap

Archived