Pillows! Salvaging 35 year old granny squares.

PaulaMI

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! Wonderful work. They look fantastic. I love Granny Squares!! They just evoke a warm fuzzy feeling. I have an afghan my Great-Grandmother made, probably in the early 1900's. She put a border on it using variegated thread! It's still in terrific condition for it's age.

I think it's so great when young people appreciate family heirlooms. (whoa, I just realized - when I die there will be enough heirlooms for all my descendants and all their descendants!!) :lol

Thats really cool that you could save a handmade blanket. I recently took a ton of my moms squares from when she was 18(shes 51 now) and helped her finish then into purses. It was nuts!! she was using a B-hook! Im used to a size I-hook lol. Those pillows look great though!

• 2 weeks later...

how wonderful! that is such a good idea my friends mom made her a blanket that she either didnt finish correctly or its just so old its coming apart. I will mention that SHE should do it to her blanket... (not me I have not the patience haha kudos to you!)

Nice Work!!! In my charity work, at the bottom of one of the yarn donations were a bunch of flower squares?! I haven't done anything with them yet, but your's looks so nice, think I will soon tackle mine and see what happens. Thanks for sharing!

Nonie http://noniesblankets.com :crocheting

• 2 weeks later...

Archived