OK Dog Lovers... need Input

We have a big dog show coming to town in november and my PIC wants us to do a booth there. We will have the normal stuff.. crafty stuff, baskets and such, but also of course want to have some dog related stuff as well.. probably more of that than anything else to be honest. It's a 2 day show so need lots of STUFF..

Here's what we have on the list of things to bring dog related so far:

Dog Jewelry

Sweaters

Goat Milk Soap for Dogs with Citronella oil

Conditioner

Dog Treats

Dog Place Mats

Doggie Gift Baskets (incorporating various combinations of the above)

(probably some stuff for Cats as well as I'm a cat person.. reckon I should wear my shirt that says "Meow?" :devil

Anything else that would maybe be a big seller for the doggy crowd? Any and all suggestions are more than welcome :manyheart

Dog boots, doggie blankets, dog keychains, Dog stuffed animals, toys for dogs, Fancy dog collars and tags, dog books. these are just a few ideas.

Great ideas! The doggie boots I had thought of.. but wasn't sure as this is Alabama lol Dog toys would be easy but not sure how durable they would be? Of course I'm thinking most of this stuff other than the soap would be crocheted. Doggie blankets? Like little afghans for them?

How about some more unusual dog tie-ins, like a dog tea cosy (I keep mentioning that hoping someone will make me one for the tea cosy swap :lol ), dog-decorated items like washcloths (red with a Scottie in corner, for example), amigurumi dogs of different breads (I love Nanook), any dog sweaters you can whip up (or photos with info for a custom-made sweater)--many of these will be out-of-towners if it's a big regional show, so even if it's warm in Alabama it might not be where the dog lives when it's not showing. Didn't Fayette's Mom have a pattern in crochetme last year for a leash with attached poop-bag holder? You might look and contact her about permission to use her pattern for commercial use (with proper homage to the creator, of course). Dog-decorated Christmas stockings (what could be cuter than a red or green or white stocking, plain stitch so it goes faster, of course, with a Lhaso Apso face or a German shephard face on it?). Purses with dog-faced flap closures. Once you've got a template for specific breeds or just a generic dog-face or body template, stick it on everything! Dog fanciers are crazy to spend money on dog stuff, and if it's breed-related--watch out! I know a woman who makes stained glass suncatchers of our particular breed, which might be something to think about for the future (if you make enough money at this dog show to do more).

I'd buy the above, crazy dog-lover that I am. And lots of us doggie people are happily owned by cats, too (although maybe not so much breeders and show people). Patty

Edited to add: I might pass on the booties. The people that buy them actually use them--they sled and skijor with their dogs, do pack hikes for champion credit, etc., so they're looking for heavy duty booties that will go the mile. Crocheted booties wouldn't last very long with that kind of use. But, it's just MHO.

all i can picture when i think of crocheted dog booties is a dog on a hardwood or tile floor slipping around lol :devil

in a little pet store i saw collars with sequence and stuff sewn on them... they were like $30... you could buy some cheap collars and do that

or get bandanas and sew buttons and glue stuff on um, or puffy paint them

if you want to add a crochet element to that you could crochet and edgeing around fabric bandanas or crochet the whole thing

Oh I like the bandana idea, you could crochet an edging to it.

Dog toys. A lot of show dogs are trained with toys isntead of food and so they do go through them. I make mine more durable by crocheting with yarn and household cotton twine. But there will probably be smaller dogs and they can take the regular yarn.

Also in light of things, I'd make a few red, white and blue things. Of course we have a dog named Liberty so finally finding a flag collar was a joy (and I found it at a dollar store!:clap ).

Good luck.

:dog

i forgot to say before, if you do doggy blankets make sure you dont use a holey pattern, dogs like to scratch things and their claws get caught

Dog toys. A lot of show dogs are trained with toys isntead of food and so they do go through them. I make mine more durable by crocheting with yarn and household cotton twine. But there will probably be smaller dogs and they can take the regular yarn.

my dogs are small and theres no way regular yarn would stand up to their treatment... we have to be so careful when buying them toys because theyre eather too heavy or weak

Archived