Look what we've missed out on my fellow Brits! =(

knitted_painting

I came across this site via the BritKnitCast that I listen to... It's an actuall WOOLFEST :eek omg I wish I knew about that I really would have gone! :cry Isn't it awesome!:yay a festival for wool and yarn and also people showing you different knitting and crochet techniques and traditions! you can read/hear more about it on the BritKnitCast site:D:sigh I wish it would be there twice a year:(

You're not alone :hug I'm here too!

Wow love that site you found, and yes I would have so gone too!:yes

There's The Knitting and Stitching Show on in September-November (depends on the venue) I always go to the november one-its closest to me.:cheer Its a 3 day event!! not much crochet, but tons of yarns, loads of crafty stuff, as well as fibre art displays. It all amazing:D

Check out http://www.twistedthread.com for details:yes

Cath

Thank you Cath!:hug I didn't know about that event yet! I think that Harrogate will be closest to me (I live in Barnsley). I'll have to see if I can make it:)

Looks like lots of fun. Unusual yarn & hand spun yarns are so expensive though; I'm always promising myself that I will spend whatever it costs to get what I want... But when it comes to parting with the cash I usually end up paying £1.99 for a ball of double knit....

Do you buy good yarns or buy cheap & hope for the best????

I buy good cheap yarn :)

My LYS has a bargain section where 50g balls are 50p and 100g balls are £1, so last week i spent £7 on 50p balls and then £4.50 on one ball of Noro, as a treat to myself for saving so much money lol.

Apparently theres a place in mid wales that spins and hand dyes yarns so im gonna try and source that out before i move. It is a shame that cool yarns are so expensive.

Where are you from Hellbo?

£27? it says £5 on the site for an adult ticket and £7 for a two day ticket...maybe you read wrong:)

yeah my LYS has a bargain section aswell it's usually just sports weight thought so I can't always use it:( I wish they'd sell Noro aswell although last time I went there I baught some Fusion by Wendy (I think) which is also a multicoloured yarn and it's lovely and soft:c9 it was £3 a 50g ball though so I don't think I'll be being more of that hehe:eek

The knitting and stitching show costs that much:

...Tickets cost £27.50 per person...
Thats badly advertised because thats the first thing i saw even though its for a 'gala dinner' it is only "£10 for normal entry, thats a little more bearable

The knitting and stitching show costs that much:

Thats badly advertised because thats the first thing i saw even though its for a 'gala dinner' it is only "£10 for normal entry, thats a little more bearable

ohh I thought you meant the woolfest :oops hehe sorry:) but yeah I'll have to pass on that knitting and stitch show!:eek

Hi xampx

I'm from Liverpool

Any good yarn shops up there?

Petra, i think il miss that one too, il hold you responsible for reminding us about next years Woolfest :lol

Archived