Can someone please tell me how to felt by hand?

NOW you tell me about the gloves! I finished hand felting the straps that rolled up in the machine. Then I took some thread and 'basted' them in the rolled position while saying some bad words. Hopefully they will stay rolled when they're dry. I hate sewing. My mom can barely sew, and it's all my grandmothers fault. When grandpa asked grandma (a schoolteacher) to marry him she said 'I don't sew' and he married her anyway.

When grandpa asked grandma (a schoolteacher) to marry him she said 'I don't sew' and he married her anyway.

:lol :lol

Anne-Marie I think that Nicole can check on it every 5-10 mins because she probably has a toploader... we (in Europe) only see them on tv or in movies lol:P we just have frontloaders so for us that would just be impossible! :grump

that sounds like a tedious job then, it will probably take about 7 hours to felt something if iwe have to wait for the washer to drain everytiem we want to check

that sounds like a tedious job then, it will probably take about 7 hours to felt something if iwe have to wait for the washer to drain everytiem we want to check

lol yeah it probably will ..and the funny thing is that it's not funny because it really will take that long!:think they should just invent a machine especially for felting with different settings for different results! ooh me and my brilliant ideas..I could have been a millionair by now;) :devil

• 4 weeks later...

I am about to make a small tote bag with Lion Brand "Lion Wool." It is 100% Wool... Is 25% shrinkage the rule of thumb for felting? I will probably make a swatch to see how it will turn out in my machine, but it would be good to know.

I am about to make a small tote bag with Lion Brand "Lion Wool." It is 100% Wool... Is 25% shrinkage the rule of thumb for felting? I will probably make a swatch to see how it will turn out in my machine, but it would be good to know.

The rule is that there IS no rule. Different yarns felt differently, even different colors of the SAME wool. Whites tend not to felt as much as colors, something to do with the processing to make them 'white'. If size matters to your project, swatch each color you are using.

Archived