Crocheted Celtic Pentacle Pattern

Solitaire

Hello Everyone ... I just finished having this pattern tested for me. I hope you all enjoy it.

th_000_0436.jpg

Crocheted Celtic Pentacle

Worsted yarn and an I hook

size 10 thread and hook of choice

or

Yarn and hook of choice

special stitch used: V-Stitch – DC-ch1-DC

Chain 5 join with slip stitch to form ring.

1. Chain 3, 2dc in ring, ch 2, *3dc ch2 in ring, repeat from * 3 more times. Join with Sl St to top of ch3.

2. Sl St into next dc, Ch4 dc ch2 v-st in same dc, ch 2; *v-st ch2 v-st in middle dc of next 3dc group, ch2*. Repeat from * to * 3 more times, join with a sl st in the 3rd chain of beginning chain 4.

3. Sl st into next dc, sl st into ch2 space, ch4 dc ch2 v-st in same ch2 space, * ch2, sc into next ch2 space, ch2, v-st ch2 v-st in next ch2 space*, repeat from * to * 3 more times, join with sl st to 3rd ch of ch4.

4. Sl st in next dc and into ch space, ch4 dc ch2 v-st in same space, * ch3, sc in sc, ch3, v-st ch2 v-st in ch2 space of next point of pentacle* repeat from * to * 3 more times. Join with sl st to 3rd ch of ch4.

5. Sl st across to ch2 space of the point, ch4 tr ch2 2tr in ch2 space, * ch5 sl st in Sc ch5, 2tr ch2 2tr in ch2 space of next point of pentacle *, repeat from * to * 3 more times, join with sl st to top of ch4.

6. Sl st into ch2 space,3 sc in ch2 space of point, ch 20, 3 sc in next point ch2 space around. Join to first sc, ch3.

7. Dc in each sc and chain around. Join to top of chain 3. fasten off. Weave in ends.

8. Chain 108, turn and dc 4th chain from hook across, fasten off .. cut yarn leaving a 9 inch tail.

9. Using 5 safety pins (one for each point) attach end of strip to any dc at any point. Weave strip around using a safety pin at each point to secure strip. When strip is completely woven around, secure ends together and then make any necessary adjustments to strip in order for it to lay properly. Seam ends together, fasten off and weave in ends. With a long length of yarn, tack braid down at each point.

10. Attach with sl st to any Dc at a point, ch 1, sc in next dc, chain 7 attach with sc in any dc in 1 ring of braid, ch 7 sc in 1 dc around, join with sl st to beginning. Chain 3

11. dc in each stitch and sc around. Sl st to join **At this point, I secured the two braids with the dc whenever they touched, to make the piece more secure**

12. ch3 and do another round of DC, join and fasten off

Blessed Be!

Solitaire ... 7/23/06 copyright

I'm really glad that everyone likes this pattern, thank you all for the compliments :o) gives me the confidence to keep trying. I'd love to see what everyone does with this!

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

This is one I'll definitely be making. I couldn't find a good crochet pentacle so I came up with one on my own (somebody linked to it here already) but I like yours much better :day

Thanks for the pattern. I have a friend that this will be perfect for.

On a totally unrelated note, the flashing avatar can be problematic for those of us who have light-sensitive epilepsy or migraines brought on by flashing lights. Anyone know if there is a way to turn the flashing off on ads, etc?

• 3 months later...

It's absolutely gorgeous! :cheerYou did an awesome job! :clapI'm going to write down the pattern (my printer is broken) and try it out. I'm so glad it's done with worsted. My hands don't handle thread too good anymore.

Hugs,

Katy_Ravensong :crocheting

• 2 months later...
On a totally unrelated note, the flashing avatar can be problematic for those of us who have light-sensitive epilepsy or migraines brought on by flashing lights. Anyone know if there is a way to turn the flashing off on ads, etc?

Usually tapping the Esc key will stop the animation. It doesn't stop it from starting, but it does keep it from going on. If you're really sensitive to flashing icons you could hit it when you load a thread so that any flashing pictures would be stopped before you got to them. As far as I know this should work on any computer/browser.

Back to the pattern though, I love it! Depending on how big it is I wonder how it would look with several of them joined together to form an afghan? Thanks so much for sharing!

• 1 year later...

Doggone Photobucket, LOL! Would you be willing to attach another pic, photobucket has dropped the original.

I'm looking for something along these lines and would love to see a picture to go along with instructions. (visuals help my limited skill level!) This sounds wonderful :)

• 5 weeks later...

Archived