My Fair Blue Ribbon Hopeful (Doily)

The Shrone

talafair-thumb.jpgtalacenter-thumb.jpg

talaedge-thumb.jpg

All images are clickable for larger view

Here's my hope of hopes for taking a blue ribbon at this year's Puyallup Fair. It's the Tala doily from Doilies With a Twist. I made it using size 40 Olympus thread in 3 different colors: light purple variegated, dark purple variegated, and dark purple. It measures about 10 inches in diameter at its widest points.

It wasn't my intention to make it in this color scheme, but it happened to be that I didn't have enough of one color to make it, so I made it 3 colors :P.

My spirals are my weakest in not being uniform and regular, but hopefully over all it will not detract from the rest of the uniformity. Much will depend upon the judge's eye, too, and what kind of competition I'm up against. A complex and challenging design doesn't necessarily win the blue ribbon.

In about a month I'll know how I've been judged. Until then I shall try not to think too much about it, otherwise I'll get to the point of where I can't sleep soundly! LOL!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's great and your choice of colors is fantastic!

Sure to be a blue ribbon winner!

Linda:manyheart

I just love it!! I love purple so it had my vote already.. I have seen enough PK doilies to notice that it was her design (of which I am die-ing to try.. I have yet to get one of her books..soon I hope though). But it is dazzling. Just absolutely lovely..I would vote for you!:cheer

hugs, Debbie

http://myvintagehome.blog-city.com

Lori, that is a stunning doily. If I were a judge, those colors alone would make it a first place. I can't believe they were an accident...they look so gorgeous together.

And your spirals are fantastic. I think this is a definate winner!!!:clap

Archived