My first "graph"

Last night I decided I needed to make a baby burp cloth. I love this one but have never done a graph, and was a bit concerned. It's the perfect beginner project. It starts at the bottom, and in about an hour I finished the entire graphing section and it looks good!!! :cheer I used a varigated baby yarn, and I think the letters would show up better if I used a solid, but .....next time. :)

I'll probably finish it tonight. The exciting thing was that it opens up a whole new world of creativity. I can't wait to play around with graphing out bobble and popcorn designs to say things or make designs.

Who knows - if I get good at this, I might actually work my way up to tapestry crochet!!! :D

Wonderful! Sounds like you are on a roll now....and there's no stopping you, LOL! Go for it! I always encourage the idea of trying new things and learning in the process. Three cheers for you! :cheer :cheer :cheer

Would you mind posting the entire link - my machine is being finicky today and won't allow me to open your link

I am interested in seeing your work as I see other graphs and I feel like its so hard to do - but you said that it was easy - so I am curious

Would you mind posting the entire link - my machine is being finicky today and won't allow me to open your link

I am interested in seeing your work as I see other graphs and I feel like its so hard to do - but you said that it was easy - so I am curious

Sure!

This is the pattern that I used:

http://www.crochetnmore.com/babyburpcloth.htm

I'm amazed at how fast its working up.

The only thing that I changed - with my cotton, I really couldn't get 4 stitches in my clusters, so I did 3. They look fine, but I'm guessing 4 would be larger and perhaps easier to read.

Also, it took me a minute to realize that the pattern works from the bottom up, and to read the graph from right to left (duh - that's the way we crochet if we're right handed).

Like I said, I got all the way past the graph part in about an hour, and hope to finish tonight (if I can ignore the kitchen screaming "clean me, clean me!" :lol )

Archived