Hi, my name is Ada and I'm a yarn-aholic

I couldn't believe it! I don't think I've ever spent that much at one time, and NEVER when my hubby was with me.... makes me wonder if he wants something, or has done something stupid that I'm going to find out about later.... anyway... we spent $100 at AC Moore Today. I know for some that doesn't seem like a lot, or you have spent way more... but my hubby was WITH me, and didn't stop me! But, I must say, that this $100 covered Christmas/B-day presents for 12 people... so really it's not that bad. And it wasn't all on yarn.

I bought 2 16oz bags of cotton, 1 is a soft yellow color, and the other a nice verig of yellow, light purple, and rose... they were $5/ea... real cheap I thought since I usually spend i think $1.97 for the 4 or 5oz things of sugarn'cream cotton...

I bought 5 Caron 1lb skeins, a rose, 2 cream, a light blue(almost country blue) and a deeper blue... They were $5/ea.... walmart has RH SS for $3.96 right now, but the Caron is softer... at least what we bought today, so i went with the Caron

I bought my 2 older daughters these Blue's Clues kits, with handy dandy notebook and crayons for $3.92/ea

I bought my oldest daughter her own yarn...a nice pink verig, RH she picked out herself, a szie 'm' hook, and a pack of Susan Bates Starter hooks for kids in sizes g,h and i

we bought our 3 year old, those bead things with boards to make monkeys with.. ya know the ones you iron to meld them together.... she loves them

I bought stitch markers

Fun Fur and Jai Alai were on sale for $2 so I bought 4 of those.... they go nice with complimenting RH to make scarves

I also bought 20 bottles of acrylic paint, which i need to paint the Christmas houses I do each year... they were on sale 4/$1!!!!

I also bought another copy of the 63 stitches to make the afghan, since i loaned out my first copy, to someone who is teaching herself and her son how to crochet... so I figured I'd let her keep it and bought a 2nd copy, and I also picked up (actually my husband did for me) the Care Bear booklet....

And we bought Danielle's b-day present.... which I won't type here, b/c she could read it :lol

And when we checked out, my husband only said "I know it makes you happy, and that's all that matters"..... and I'm wondering what he could have done that was so bad that he didn't even once complain about being in AC Moore, or that we were in there for nearly 2 hrs.....or that we spent so much at once.... but for now, I'm enjoying looking at everything I got and thinking how nice it will be to have so much of my supplies here already as I make my Christmas Gifts.

Congratulations on your wonderful shopping spree. I try and conceal my $30 worth of yarn when I buy it. If I spent 100 dollars, my hubby would hit the roof! So sneaky me....buys a little at a time and my stash magically grows, lol.

my stash usually mysteriously grows as well :lol and as much as I like getting all the stuff.... he kinda took away the excitement by not minding that i was doing it.... sounds soooo stupid, but sometimes, my yarn is my little rebellion, ..... oh well, i got me some yarn, and i'm happy, even if it wasn't durng a stealth yarn aquisition operation :rofl

Ada, you are so funny:rofl I love buying my yarns on the sly....just to see how much I can get away with. I've been pretty sucessful so far, knock on wood! Talk about yarn addiction! I've got it bad, LOL :lol

Ada,

I would have LOVED to be with you shopping today! Sounds like you had a GRAND time --- especially with hubby being supportive!! ENJOY all of your purchased treasures!! :yay

Wow, you had a wonderful day shopping. You got some great buys. Aren't we lucky when our husbands don't mind the amount we spend on our yarn and things for crafts. Bet he has something real special in mind for you come Xmas. Can't wait to see the pics of all your crochet, and maybe you'll even share a pic of 1 of the Xmas houses I'd love to see that.

I would love to see your set of Christmas houses too :yes I love all those Christmas decorations. I just love the Christmas season with all the magical colors and scents. Oooooooh, it makes me want the Holidays to come now.......oh dear me.

Ha! I had to laugh because I had a similar experience Thursday night. Normally, my husband complains about me buying yarn and puts me on "yarn embargos." I have told him recently that I *have* to start buying yarn for christmas presents because I am *not* going to wait until October this year.

We went to a city about 50 miles from here Thursday night; we only have Walmart here to buy yarn, so this city is where I like to buy yarn.

Anyway, my husband let me buy $50 worth of yarn at Hancock Fabrics! He also let me get two pairs of jeans at Old Navy, and he let me order an expensive (but necessary and comfortable) sandals on the Internet when we got home.

As I piled Lion Cotton into his arms, I kept thinking, "Why is he sucking up to me?" and "What did he do that he is trying to make up for?"

It was so funny to see someone else have the same feelings. I agree--it was refreshing and fun, but it did take away some of the fun that I didn't have to buy my yarn "on the sly" and hide it later. :)

I TOTALLY understand.

:)

Nicole

my husband is reading over this thread with me, and he thinks we are all insane... what can I say... HE'S RIGHT :rofl

But, i must say 2 things 1. there are no people i would rather be surrounded by than all you crazies and 2. I'm real glad to be understood :lol

My houses from last year are in a box in the basement... well a tote in the basement, I try to not store things in boxes, so maybe tomorrow i'll go down and see where in the box they are, and post some pics of them, they are real pretty (if i do say so myself), painting these houses is one of the few crafts i do besides crochet, and I really enjoy it. I started making them last year, gave 1 to each of my children, and my 2 neices, and my 1 nephew, plan on doing the same thing this and every year. hmmmm... maybe hubby will go down with me now... i hate the basement at night. :Smile

NEVER wonder what is on a man's mind. At my age, if there is one thing I've learned is that there are only two possible things on a man's mind

1)I want to see Something naked

2)I want a beer/wine/drink...

That's it, mystery solved. :D

Great job on the bargains you found Jaydn05:cheer , I love finding bargains like that. Ya know tho depending on hubby's mood when we're shopping will depend on how much I actually spend on yarn when he's with me. One time we were at Garden Ridge and he said "they have the yarn you like on sale over there". I went to the yarn aisle and picked up 4 skeins of suede yarn that was about 25% off, then on the way back to the checkout I saw this gigantic table with lash yarns....for a $1 a skein:eek . Needless to say I spend $40+ on yarn that day......and when I told hubby how much I spent I blamed him:D . Then other days when we're shopping he'll say....."you're not going by the yarn are you?":lol

NEVER wonder what is on a man's mind. At my age, if there is one thing I've learned is that there are only two possible things on a man's mind

1)I want to see Something naked

2)I want a beer/wine/drink...

That's it, mystery solved. :D

Ha, ha!! :lol You are probably right about that. At 27, I still try to figure him out and understand what he's thinking. Probably a waste of time, huh?

:) Nicole

Ada, you are so funny :lol .....I guess we are all insane, but at least we are in the right asylum and refuge, LOL ....Crochetville, the safe haven for Crochet addicts, stash-a-holics and yarn junkies and of course, we are all hookers, LOL :rofl If only our guys could see the sheer happiness and heaven that we are in over here. Surrounded by friends, who become like family to us all. The sharing and caring is what it's all about!

Hugs :hug :hug :hug

Daisy

WOW you did a great job. I can't hide my yarn purchases...too much fabric hidden...my stash is dwindling and that makes me sad. Wish we had an AC moore around here...all we have is Wal-Mart, JoAnn's, Hancocks and Michaels. I also live 45 minutes from Herrschners but even their yarn selcection could be better. I wish we at least had a Hobby Lobby

I bet I know what he was thinking :D. "It's 50 miles to this store, if I limit how much yarn she gets today, then she will need to come back more often.....LET her spend a bunch today to keep her busy so will make less trips....so save a ton more on GAS!!." Hehe.

Sandy

Congratulations on your yarn stash additions!! Sounds like you got some pretty good bargins!! It is kind of hard to hide my 22 18 gal bins of yarn!!! Yes, for those of you who followed my "yarn, yarn, yarn how much yarn do you have" thread I am now up to 22 bins, LOL :dance !!!! My husband jokes and says honey you are either going to have to go on a yarn diet or we are going to have to get a bigger house!! Well you know my answer to that one!! I have never been a good dieter!!! :pizza :icecream :yarn:knit !!!

In my defense, I am stocking :stocking up on yarn for Christmas Gifts:ctree ha, ha!! I tell the hubby, just think about how much we will save with me making gifts:gift, he just laughs. I never leave my LYS without spending at LEAST $100.00, but I am careful and go for the bargins, sales and I use my coupons, so I do pretty good!!

Great job on the bargains you found Jaydn05:cheer , I love finding bargains like that. Ya know tho depending on hubby's mood when we're shopping will depend on how much I actually spend on yarn when he's with me. One time we were at Garden Ridge and he said "they have the yarn you like on sale over there". I went to the yarn aisle and picked up 4 skeins of suede yarn that was about 25% off, then on the way back to the checkout I saw this gigantic table with lash yarns....for a $1 a skein:eek . Needless to say I spend $40+ on yarn that day......and when I told hubby how much I spent I blamed him:D . Then other days when we're shopping he'll say....."you're not going by the yarn are you?":lol

Hi did you know that Garden Ridge is doing away with their crafts. I used to work at ours and am so disappointed that they are doing that. All of the crafts and yarns, etc. are on clearance now.:no

Archived