My dog and his sweaters

jienee

I'd like to introduce you all to my Benjie. He's my 9 year old miniature schnauzer who was adopted from the local animal shelter. He is the joy of my life! Here are some pics of him wearing a few of the outfits I've made.

I'm getting ready to crochet a whole new batch of sweaters for him this winter...quite excited about the possibilities. All pictures are clickable.

Brown Stripes Sweater & Hat (a.k.a. Toque...for all the Canucks in the house ;) )

Sweater Pattern: Dog Sweaters To Knit & Crochet by Carol Carvalho and published by Leisure Arts

Hat/Toque Pattern: I designed it myself. Had to make sure to include ear flaps, the pom-pom and tassles on the ties.

th_Benjie_sweater1.jpg

Both sweaters: Dog Sweaters To Knit & Crochet by Carol Carvalho and published by Leisure Arts

th_Benjie_sweaters2.jpg

I call this his "King Of Hearts" sweater. You can't really see the hearts but they are there. I used the "Basic Sweater" pattern from the same book listed above but the hearts and the other embellishments were from my own imagination.

th_DSCN0023.jpg

th_DSCN0022.jpg

Benjie is adorable and looks sooooooo cute in the outfits that you made. He is a great model......I hope he is getting paid for the modeling job. :lol

You did an incredible job on Benjie's wardrobe. Three cheers for you :cheer :cheer :cheer and three cheers for Benjie:cheer :cheer :cheer

What a charmer:manyheart and your sweaters for him are beautiful....every one of them! Thanks for posting the great pictures!:hug I especially love that little cap in the first picture.....he is a very good dog to wear it, mine would rip it off and chew it up!

Oh my goodness!!!

They are soooo cute!!! I love the hat and sweater combo!!!

And your puppy is just so sweet!!!

My 7 pound poodle loves his sweaters...in the winter...when he is cold...he takes me to them so he can wear them!

How adorable! I wish I could get our dog to wear something like that! She freezes up and won't move the second a coat gets put on her - like it's some kind of punishment!

You did a great job! Love the hat especially, very cute. :)

These are the cutest jackets I have ever seen!!! I wish I could make one for my dog but the last time I tried to put one one her it seemed to mess with her balance and she kept falling over!!!

It's a good thing Benjie can't read because his ego would be just about ready to explode from all of this attention. :P He's already spoiled rotten so I don't think I could handle even more superstar behaviour. :lol I loved reading about all of your little babies as well...thanks for sharing a bit about your pups. Sooo cute!

Daisy...:haha not to worry. The supermodel gets paid quite well. His little pot belly will attest to the fact that he's been living the life of luxury...ha ha! He does love his treats. Hee hee!

aliciasjoy...I didn't use a chart for the hearts. I counted out the sts myself then I went by trial and error until they were the right size. I used dc stitches all throughout the sweater so the heart did come out a little elongated but it still had the effect I wanted.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Sweater Pattern: Dog Sweaters To Knit & Crochet by Carol Carvalho and published by Leisure Arts

Hat/Toque Pattern: I designed it myself. Had to make sure to include ear flaps, the pom-pom and tassles on the ties.

th_Benjie_sweater1.jpg

Both sweaters: Dog Sweaters To Knit & Crochet by Carol Carvalho and published by Leisure Arts

th_Benjie_sweaters2.jpg

I call this his "King Of Hearts" sweater. You can't really see the hearts but they are there. I used the "Basic Sweater" pattern from the same book listed above but the hearts and the other embellishments were from my own imagination.

th_DSCN0023.jpg

th_DSCN0022.jpg

Hi. I just joined the forum in the hopes of finding other people who have crocheted for their pets. I just bought the pattern book that you mentioned but I am confused as to which size to crochet. This pattern book is different than most as it has those size columns down the right side of every page. I don't think I understand how to read those columns. Can you help?

• 3 weeks later...
I'd like to introduce you all to my Benjie. He's my 9 year old miniature schnauzer who was adopted from the local animal shelter. He is the joy of my life! Here are some pics of him wearing a few of the outfits I've made.

I'm getting ready to crochet a whole new batch of sweaters for him this winter...quite excited about the possibilities. All pictures are clickable.

Brown Stripes Sweater & Hat (a.k.a. Toque...for all the Canucks in the house ;) )

th_Benjie_sweater1.jpg

th_Benjie_sweaters2.jpg

th_DSCN0023.jpg

th_DSCN0022.jpg

Awwww, the sweaters you have created are simply gorgeous.

I was hoping you could point me in the direction of finding a pattern (hopefully free) I am trying to find a pattern I once had for a crocheted dog bone that was made into a Christmas Stocking...............any ideas?

I appreciate your help in this matter.

Cathy

Archived