Vent Ahead! Stupid Hooks!!

Twice in one week... and you only used the needle once? I would be ticked too. I haven't had any of my plastic needles break on me and I've had them at least three or four years!!! I do switch off between the aluminum and the plastic depending on what yarn I am using... (sometimes the plastic needles still have ridges from the molds they were cast in.) Nothing I couldn't fix, but with delicate yarn it is better to not go there!!! :) I use my Susan Bates N and P needles on a regular basis for blankets (Red Heart yarn doubled up!) and this has never happened...

My steel hook actually bent once from using it, (not broken) but it was a smaller needle © so I wasn't surprised.

*Edit*

I was conscious of my work today to see how I hold the yarn/hook etc... It is funny, because delicate is the furthest adj to describe me... but I barely hold the needle at all.. I use the "fist" method of holding the needle... (not the "pencil" method...) and the hook barely has any pressure on it at all... Maybe that is why I've had such luck with the plastic?!?

Who'd of thought crocheting would be such an aggressive hobby... breaking hooks...

Archived