Fresh as a Daisy Afghan For Baby (FINISHED)

BarbaraJean

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a preeeeeeetttyyy afghan! And thanks bunches for telling us where to find the joining method you used too, can't wait to try it out & just may have to make this same afghan as I do have the book already - can't wait to get home from work to look to see if the flag afghan you made & mentioned is the same one I'm making right now - it's not in the A to Z book but sometimes Leisure Arts reprints patts. in several publications - I tried to find it in your blog but couldn't - I'm probably not blog educated enuf :~).

Smiles, Louise

What a preeeeeeetttyyy afghan! And thanks bunches for telling us where to find the joining method you used too, can't wait to try it out & just may have to make this same afghan as I do have the book already - can't wait to get home from work to look to see if the flag afghan you made & mentioned is the same one I'm making right now - it's not in the A to Z book but sometimes Leisure Arts reprints patts. in several publications - I tried to find it in your blog but couldn't - I'm probably not blog educated enuf :~).

Smiles, Louise

The flag afghan is actually on page 2 of my blog.

BarbaraJean, that is lovely!!!

I have the same book, and tried the one on the front cover, but was easily confused.......:(:P so it got frogged. :angry

DS's ROTC instructor is retiring at the end of this school year.... the flag might be a good gift, if I can get moving on my other projects!!

Thanks BarbaraJean - like I said before, I don't think I'm blog savy enuf to find it - I don't know how to get to a pg. 2 on your blog - don't even really know what blogs are; I see the date 2007 in upper left of your blog + January, then I've finished, etc. - scrolled all the way down to bottom of that pg. & don't see a pg. 2 to click onto or anywhere else on that pg. a pg. 2 to click onto - so don't know how to get to pg. 2.

I did however look up the flag afghan in the A to Z book & it IS the same one I'm making right now but working from a different Leisure Arts publication/booklet - I've finished the stripes, working on the star motifs - 11+ finished & counting, yipee!

Have decided for sureness that I'm going to make the Daisy afghan tho after seeing how pretty yours turned out.

Crochet Smiles - Louise

Barbara, that is so cute. Is the pattern available? I'd love to made one as soon as I complete my current projects.--Jeannie --

Yep, it's in Leasure Arts "Our Best Afghans A to Z". My Wal*Mart still carries it but if you can't find it there check ebay.

BarbaraJean, that is lovely!!!

I have the same book, and tried the one on the front cover, but was easily confused.......so it got frogged. :angry

DS's ROTC instructor is retiring at the end of this school year.... the flag might be a good gift, if I can get moving on my other projects!!

The flag really isn't too difficult. The motifs are easy. Oddly there are less than 50 of them. The stripes are simply double crochets. You probably won't have any trouble with it. If you do, I'll be more than happy to help you. :yes

Thanks BarbaraJean - like I said before, I don't think I'm blog savy enuf to find it - I don't know how to get to a pg. 2 on your blog - don't even really know what blogs are; I see the date 2007 in upper left of your blog + January, then I've finished, etc. - scrolled all the way down to bottom of that pg. & don't see a pg. 2 to click onto or anywhere else on that pg. a pg. 2 to click onto - so don't know how to get to pg. 2.

I did however look up the flag afghan in the A to Z book & it IS the same one I'm making right now but working from a different Leisure Arts publication/booklet - I've finished the stripes, working on the star motifs - 11+ finished & counting, yipee!

Have decided for sureness that I'm going to make the Daisy afghan tho after seeing how pretty yours turned out.

Crochet Smiles - Louise

Well, I gave you bad directions. :oops There is no page 2. You scroll to the bottom of the blog and click on Older Posts. Sorry 'bout that. :blush You can also see the thread I posted here:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=21307&highlight=flag

Ohhhhh! - Thanks for providing me w/the link so I could see it asap - yours turned out really really really nice! Hope

my motifs once joined together will fit into the space right & turn out as nicely as yours did.

Can anyone get a blog?? Boy howdy, it sure seems like it to me as they sure are the rage right now &/or maybe have been but I didn't know!

Smiles - Louise

Ohhhhh! - Thanks for providing me w/the link so I could see it asap - yours turned out really really really nice! Hope

my motifs once joined together will fit into the space right & turn out as nicely as yours did.

Can anyone get a blog?? Boy howdy, it sure seems like it to me as they sure are the rage right now &/or maybe have been but I didn't know!

Smiles - Louise

Yes, you can get a blog. It's free - just sign up. :)

Archived