Fresh as a Daisy Afghan For Baby (FINISHED)

BarbaraJean

There is a photo of the finished afghan on page 8!

I am so excited about my newest project. I have a friend who has just learned that she is expecting her first baby. I want to make something for the baby so looked through all of my patterns for something really special. It didn't take me long to decide on this even though it's actually an afghan and not a baby blanket. But I think it will be perfect. I am enjoying it so much! :shrug This is definitely going to be one of my favorite projects.

So here's a picture - remember it's a work in progress, just started it last evening.

daisyzd4.jpg

It will be 12 squares by 9 squares. You can't see it but I already have 12 done in the first row.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's going to be absolutely beautiful when it is finished. I love daisies....can you tell? You are doing a great job, so keep up the good work! I'll cheer you on! :cheer :cheer :cheer

It's going to be absolutely beautiful when it is finished. I love daisies....can you tell? You are doing a great job, so keep up the good work! I'll cheer you on! :cheer :cheer :cheer

Hi Daisy! :lol You should make one with me. :yes I did think of starting a CAL but don't know if I should since I've already started.

Thanks for the "cheering"!

I would love to make one along with you, but I just got too many projects in the works right now.....I'm still working on an afghan for a special someone and I'm still trying to fill a box with crocheted bookmarks to send in for Charity. Once all those things are done.....I am going to check out the daisy squares and see if I can make an afghan for a close friend of mine. I am tickled pink that you asked.....and I'm still cheering you on! :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer

It's just too cute!

I know! I love it and it so fun to do.

I would love to make one along with you, but I just got too many projects in the works right now.....I'm still working on an afghan for a special someone and I'm still trying to fill a box with crocheted bookmarks to send in for Charity.

I just checked out your blog and you have some great bookmarks.

What a lovely pattern for a babyghan! It will be a very special gift.

I'm glad you think so. It's not really intended for a baby pattern but I just fell in love with it and thought that it will be okay for a baby.

I have too many projects too. And I HAVE to finish them, because I found that i'm doing the DC wrong...so I want to finish all my incorrect projects before I start doing them correct so as not to confuse myself. But I'd be game for a CAL once I get there...I love the project...its beautiful!!!

isnt there a flower cal going on now? i really like the daisies too.....i like the way you are joing the squares, are you doing is as you go along?

Yes, I am. I love the way these are crocheted together - so much better than sewing them together. :clap

This is going to be a really cute baby blanket!

Can you tell me which book you got the pattern, I would love to make one. Mine and my daughters favorite flower is the daisy.

It is in the leaflet "Our Best Afghans A to Z". My Americana afghan also came from that pattern book. There are really some great patterns in it.

I bought mine at Wal*Mart. I actually saw it at my Wal*Mart yesterday so it may still be readily available. If you can't find it you might look on ebay. I've definitely seen it there.

Oh no!!! I've been working on that same afghan for almost 3 years! I started crocheting in college, and my mom picked that one out but wanted me to make it large enough to fit her queen sized bed. I started crocheting in college and would often take long hiatuses when classes got stupid.

I've been out of college for over a year now and I still don't have the darn thing done. About three months ago, I pulled it out and started weaving in some ends, but that was the last I'd done on it.

I'm currently working on two high priory projects (a baby blanket, and a afghan for a wedding gift) and as soon as those two are done, I'm going back to this one until it is done! Hopefully I can find yarn substitutions...I started it in Mainstays, which has been discontinued.

I'm really tempted to ditch what I have and start over in a nicer, prettier yarn. But I've already put so much work into what I've got. Bleh.

It is so pretty Barbara Jean:manyheart ! You are doing a wonderful job on it....I am sure your friend will treasure it! You should go and join the Flower :rose cal we would love to have you with us, I do not mind that you have already begun, and I do not think the others will either!:hug

Archived