Stitch Markers

I'm thinking about making myself beaded stitch markers. Has anyone done this before? Rebecca, I think you sent some out with your yarn swap packages?

Does anyone have any advice for a beginner stitch marker maker? I was thinking about doing a ring with dangly things. I guess I just might have to make a trip to my local bead shop.... :sheepjump Darn it! The husband took my car today. :irked If it weren't 110 degrees today I would walk (it's a 1/2 mile from my house).

Ah ha. With a little google search I found this link for a neat version of a stitch marker.

Guest SamplerLady

Here are the ones my daughter made me for Christmas, back when I was knitting. The beads were hand made by a family friend well aware of my love of Mickey Mouse. I use the pair of black ones now as earrings.

Rebecca, I like yours. I'll have to see if ED will make me some of those...... She's the beader in the family. :))

5p8yy

Your stitch markers are beautiful, Sampler Lady. Your daughter is very talented. :)

I bought the wine marker wire at Walmart and a few beads to try out. So, here is my first attempt at beadmaking -

stitchmarkertry.jpg

The lighter colored one has two little dragonflies on it. I thought I could use these on my chunkier yarn projects.

Thanks Rebecca and Chelle! :) l'm about to sit down and make a few more. I have to wait until the girls are truly distracted so that I don't have a bead covered floor. :<>

Guest SamplerLady
can i ask --- um, how do they work i mean, they are completely round.... how do you get them on/off duh

They aren't for crochet, Rebecca. They are knitting stitch marker. They slip on the needle and off on the next row. :) I've asked my daughter to make me some of the "question mark" ones, though. : :))

Guest crochetis4fun

You all did such a beautiful job. Makes me want to try to make some also. I feel like such a copy cat. You all post, and I think I need one too. :))

Joy

The stichmarkers were so cute I sent the glampyre page to a co-worker who makes jewelry. she's going to make some for me. they're prettier than using a safety pin to keep a project from unraveling. they could also be used to make the increases on a pattern when the instructions tell you to "increase evenly."

gingerbone

THANK YOU THANK YOU!:woohoo

I've been looking for something about stitch markers, but of course all I had to do is come 'home' to Crochetville to find it!!!!:read All the beaded items look beautiful ladies! OH, NO yet ANOTHER project to add to my list!!:thumbsup :frog

Archived