Opinions Please

I'm making a purse...and I would like some opinions on the following:

Should I do the same pattern on the front and back

OR

Should I just do the back side of the purse one solid color?

Now....if I do it one solid color...what color should I use? The dark, medium or light brown?

Thanks for your responses!!

I've uploaded the pics to my blog....

Personally, I like solid colors for an all purpose purse, and I like the medium to light brown. It's really about what you like......so I am just expressing the opinion of what I like. Good luck on your decision making. :yes

Funnily enough, I just bought a new Sak crocheted purse on clearance today, because I couldn't resist its medallion design with sewed-on bits of mother-of-pearl. The design is on only one side; if it were on both, I expect the shells would catch on my clothes, especially knits. That might happen with your beads. In fact, my "everyday" purse has a velcro closure that keeps catching on my clothes when I wear that side in. I would do the design on only one side and the back in solid brown. I see lots of them in thes stores that way. By the way, your purse is going to be beautiful.

Personally I don't think a purse should have a front and a back. It should be the same on both sides so you can just pick it up and go and not worry about turning it around to look good. I mean why go to the effort to make something nice and no on sees it because I didn't check to make sure it was facing correct. Just the way I look at it. All my purses are done the same on both sides just for that reason.

I was amazed to see your bag, bacause I made one very,very similar some time ago. What I did was to reproduce the stripes exactly on both sides, but put the beads only on the front.

Thanks ladies for all your input! I appreciate it!

I decided to do it one solid color....the dark brown. I'm just piecing it all together...I should have a picture later today of it!

i think so too, its very pretty and eye catching and would stand with a darker color in the back:hug :hug

Stephanie,

Your purse is very pretty. I think I'd do the back plain, in the darkest color. That way the design would stand out more.

Barb

Archived