entrelac crochet?

I got the new Annie's Attic catalog today and they have a <a href="http://www.anniesattic.com/detail.html?prod_id=14872" target="_new">book</a> teaching the technique. I love the look in knitting - not so sure what to think about it in crochet. I would have to know the tunisian stitch, I'll bet. I did a search online but didn't come up with much. Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with this?

I havent tried entrelac crochet, but I do know how to do the tunisian or afghan stitch crochet. With entrelac you make a little square and then make a square around that and so on right? I remember talking about it a long time ago in my tunisian crochet group.

Im doing some searches on it right now...

• 3 months later...
Guest MadiStitches

Hi :) I've been doing searches for a few days now on how to do entrelac crochet. Want to buy the book but can't online because I don't have a credit card. I can do the afghan stitch no problem, doing it now, making a graph ghan of Dora.

If you have any luck can you please let me know? :))

Thanks

Marg

i know how you can get around the credit card thing on annies attic.....

join the crochet club - you choose the 3 (from their selections) you want for like a buck + shipping which wasn't bad, like $5 or something.... they send you a bill along with the delivery and then you can just order with your member number and pay by check when they come in :)

hope that helps you :))

You can also order a catalog to come to your house from Annie's Attic. Then you can send a check or money order, which is what I normally end up doing. My credit cards are not my friends. :wink They are free to order and I usually get one once a month. So much fun to look through!

Request a Catalog

Guest MadiStitches

Thanks for the idea...but I can't get one :(

I don't live in the US....I live in Canada.

Do you know of anywhere else that sells the book online?

Marg

Hi,

You may have a bit of luck with this pattern:

www.fiber-images.com/Free...20entrelac

I haven't seen a picture, but it may be what you're looking for.

or this one:

www.designsbyjami.on.ca/tutorial2.htm

I keep finding more; you've gotten me on a roll:rollin

www.knittedthreads.com/fr...eecro5.htm

this is where I found out info about it (for knitting):

www.woolworks.org/entrelac.html

I hope this helps you, and good luck!:D

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the idea...but I can't get one :(

I don't live in the US....I live in Canada.

Marg, if you e-mail me (donna at yarntomato.com) your mailing address, I can send you the order form from my Annie's Attic catalog. I won't be using it because I order online. The book is US $7.99 and the order form says shipping and handling to Canada would be US $7.70.

Libraries!

Just another resource... i found my library has many books on crochet. Most of the books are for doilies, but i found sweater books, afghan books and many others.

I'm all for using my resources before buying because for crochet... my budget is limited. :cry

but soon it will grow ^_^

Archived