Keeping track of row TIP

:knit So, when I'm working a pattern, especially a long one, I sometimes have a tough time remembering specifically what row I'mm on. I've tried using pencil check-marks and erasing afterwards, but I hate how that looks. I've used pen, and left permanent progress marks, but get confused when I use the pattern a second or third time. I've also tried using the cover on the 3-ring binder I keep my patterns in (the type that you can slip paper behind for the front and back covers?) but have found that dry-erase markers tend to stick to this slightly rubberized surface, leaving permanent marks.

So, I finally found the real deal.

The plastic sheets that are used to put IN TO the 3-ring binders, and are used to put papers inside. They are very plastic and dry-erase markers wipe right off, even after a few days. I was thrilled to find this solution, and hope it will help many others!

Kayla

You know, I keep meaning to get one of those, but buy more hooks instead!! I remember my mom using the type that fit on a knitting needle, watching her turn the dial to the next number between rows, and using it as a needle cap to keep the stitches on when she set her work down.

Kayla

Archived