Interweave crochet subscription

Karen C.

I just received my Fall 2006 issue of Interweave Knits and you know the annoying little cards that fall out? Well, one of them was for a subscription to Interweave Crochet 4 issues for $21. I rushed over to the website to sub there, but they don't have it online yet. It might be worth taking one of these little cards out an issue of Interweave Knits on the magazine rack. Someone might thank you!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was ecstatic when I realized that little card said, "Subscribe to Interweave Crochet." I already filled it out and mailed it in. I think it's just wonderful that they've committed to publishing this magazine on a regular basis and are offering a subscription (4 issues for $21 is a bargain!). Go Interweave!!! :cheer:clap:yay

Mostly, cable pullovers and tops. There's an article on Annie Modesitt that's interesting. I love the Coral Crossing sweater, but I will having to kick my knitting into gear to attempt that one:lol

Don't that just make you want to hit something?

I get a subscription to Country Women. and this has happened to me. makes me so mad when they do that to us.

PINKROSES

I visited the Interweave website just this morning and was disappointed to read that <i>Interweave Crochet</i> is published once a year and can only be bought from news stands, not via subscription, as I'm in the UK and can't find it here! Has this changed now?

I visited the Interweave website just this morning and was disappointed to read that <i>Interweave Crochet</i> is published once a year and can only be bought from news stands, not via subscription, as I'm in the UK and can't find it here! Has this changed now?

Yes, I believe so. Apparently, they haven't updated the website. If I remember correctly, at the bottom of the card that I mailed in, it gave a price for international subscriptions. It clearly said that it was for Interweave Crochet, four issues per year. I'll see if I can find another card and check, or maybe someone else will know. Or you could contact Interweave through the website; when I emailed letting them know how much I loved Interweave Crochet, I got a very personal response (not canned language). So, maybe they can give you more information. :)

Yes, I believe so. Apparently, they haven't updated the website. If I remember correctly, at the bottom of the card that I mailed in, it gave a price for international subscriptions. It clearly said that it was for Interweave Crochet, four issues per year. I'll see if I can find another card and check, or maybe someone else will know. Or you could contact Interweave through the website; when I emailed letting them know how much I loved Interweave Crochet, I got a very personal response (not canned language). So, maybe they can give you more information. :)

Thanks Natasha. I mailed them on 3rd August but have yet to hear back. Will post any details when I get them. :)

I happen to be holding one of those cards from the magazine in my hot little hands right now! At the bottom, below the part where you fill in your info, it shows the subscription prices for Canadian ($25) and International ($28). These would be in US dollar amounts. To see what the amount would be in your country's currency, you can use this handy-dandy currency converter (scroll down below the table).

Whoa! This is news to me! I love that magazine. I have made several of the patterns listed in all of them so far... It would definitely be worth buying a subscription for! Yay!

Well, I haven't heard anything back from Interweave Press but I did manage to order a copy of the Spring 2006 Interweave Crochet from an online store here in the UK and it is excellent! :yay I really, REALLY want to make the sweetpea cardigan (http://www.interweavecrochet.com/2006/materials.asp#sweetpea). Very cute indeed!

Here is the reply I received today from Debbie Mountford at Interweave.

We are currently not offering a subscription to Crochet but are in the

planning stages of offering a 4 times a year subscription probably next

year. We are taking names of those people who are interested in the

subscription and they will be notified as soon as the definite decision

has been made as when the subscription will start. If you would like to

forward your complete name, address, email address, etc., we can get

your name added to our list.

Thanks,

Debbie

Customer Support

Interweave Press

Her e-mail address is debbiem@interweave.com

Well, I haven't heard anything back from Interweave Press but I did manage to order a copy of the Spring 2006 Interweave Crochet from an online store here in the UK and it is excellent! :yay I really, REALLY want to make the sweetpea cardigan (http://www.interweavecrochet.com/2006/materials.asp#sweetpea). Very cute indeed!

I couldn't help responding to your post.. It's a great sweater, I made it and my dd LOVES it!!

I did receive a reply which said......

Thankyou

for your interest in subscribing to Interweave Crochet. We are in the planning stages of an exciting new venture to offer Crochet as a subscription. We are currently accepting preorders , meaning that we are not taking any money now. Then, once a decision is final we will either notify you that Crochet

will not be offered as a subscription, or send you an invoice. If you would like to place a preorder , please feel free to contact me and I will put you in contact with our subscription department.

Best wishes,

Katie Himmelberg

Assistant Editor

Interweave Knits, Interweave Crochet, knitscene katieh@interweave.com

201 E 4th St,

Loveland CO, 80537

I couldn't help responding to your post.. It's a great sweater, I made it and my dd LOVES it!!

Ginny ... don't suppose you have a photo of the finished article? It's such a pretty little cardigan ... My baby girl is due in 13 days' time, and I figure if I start it now, it may just be ready by the time she's about 3 :D

• 2 weeks later...
Here is the reply I received today from Debbie Mountford at Interweave.

We are currently not offering a subscription to Crochet but are in the

planning stages of offering a 4 times a year subscription probably next

year. We are taking names of those people who are interested in the

subscription and they will be notified as soon as the definite decision

has been made as when the subscription will start. If you would like to

forward your complete name, address, email address, etc., we can get

your name added to our list.

Thanks,

Debbie

Customer Support

Interweave Press

Her e-mail address is debbiem@interweave.com

I received this response as well but I'm wondering if that means that if we sent in the subscription card and are on the list will we get the next issue in the mail? Or are we just on an "interested" list. Are we actually subscribed or not? It's not really clear to me.

Oh Great! Another magazine I'll have to buy.

Yeah, I'll have to hide this one from my husband. I already subscribe to 6 or 7 magazines, and I'm about to have a newborn so I won't have time to read any of them! :blush

:hook:yarn

Archived