What's the Ugliest Thing You Ever Crocheted?

This thread is cracking me up....especially when the ugly-gift recipient just LOVES the gift :lol

A few years ago I was having a yen for pink. DH would not let me paint any room in the house pink, so I bought two shades of Pepto-Bismol (sp?) colored yarn, mixed it with off-white and crocheted an afghan. It was awful...the pattern didn't work with the colors, which were bad enough anyway. It did get me over my craving for pink, though.

I donated it to the church Missions Lady, who sold it for $40.00 at the annual bazaar. You could have knocked me over with a feather :P

It was my poncho last year. I made it out of an ugly bluish green color and then used fun fur around it. I wore it twice and then gave it to the resale store at the church. Because I am a plus size person, It made me look even larger than I really am. So I did wear it and then gave it away.

I now stick to scarves and hats for wearables for me!:lol

Linda:manyheart

:blush An absolutely disgusting blanket for my 13 year old granddaughter :manyheart last year - she picked the pattern (actually made one up :lol ) and I made it - pink and blue blocks with her name in cross stitch and fringe all around - ugly as sin but she sleeps with it every night (at least that's what her mother says! :lol ).

I've made a couple of ugly things, but one of the ugliest was an afghan for my son, who picked out the pattern and the yarn colors: teal, burgundy and black. It took me years to finish it because I hated the pattern -- all tc squares -- and didn't like the colors. Finally, just before he left for college, I dragged it out and tried to persuade him to pick a different yarn and pattern, but he still wanted that one. So I forced myself to finish it before I'd let myself work on anything else. It was torture. I gave it to him for Christmas, and he loved it, so much so that he wouldn't take it to school because "those guys in the dorm might ruin it!" So it sits in my linen closet, taking up valuable space, waiting the day when he graduates, gets a job, and can take the stupid thing to his own house!

Me? crochet something ugly? Never!!! haha. :D

Actually, I'd have to say an afghan I made in the '70's (it was my first afghan) for my mom. It. Was. Hideous. The color and yarn selection we have today has MUCH improved over the years. It was ugly yellow (70's gold?) and ugly orange. and all i had learned to do at that point was dc back and forth (boring). It mysteriously disappeared somewhere along the way.

I thought of something else. I had this pattern for gloves that I wanted to make. I found the perfect color red (my favorite) and went to town. The first glove came out perfect. I followed the pattern for the second one the same as for the first only this one was really wrong. For some reason the middle finger on the second glove came out HUGE. The pattern was just one continuous strand of yarn so in order to get to the middle finger I would have had to undo a whole bunch. So I left them as they were. I only wore them once and it looked like I was giving the finger to everyone :blush

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Archived