Too Hot to Crochet!

unfortunately.....i don't have air conditioning at my house.....so I have been crocheting in front of fans that are blowing pretty hard, but i am at least crocheting.....

I do smaller projects in the summer. Wash cloths, hats, mittens, and other smaller projects are great to do in the summer. You really don't want a hot afghan sitting on your lap, but a smaller project, maybe in cotton isn't bad at all.

There's no way I can stop crocheting! :lol I just adapt to the climate, just like some animals do!

Linda:manyheart

Vik - I may take you up on that! LOL Sounds wonderful right now!

Y'all inspired me - I'm gonna do a MAM - I don't have to put it together for a while.

The granny ideas are great, too, but I've sworn off those. Got tired of joining, plus I have a completed one partially joined that I can't seem to get motivated to do. Don't need it 'til Oct 1, so guess what I will be doing Sept. 28, 29, 30?

I gave up working on an afghan I've been planning for years when it got too warm (actually I gave it up when I fell and skinned my knees. I couldn't put anything on them for weeks). About the same time I found out a good friend was pregnant so I've been making baby things since May.

With the temps due to shoot up to 100F, I've given up on crochet completely. The thought of dealing with yarn in high humidity makes me itch.

i'm gonna have every ac in the house kicking tomorrow, I plan on keeping going on my afgan I do have to stop every so often and stand in front of the ac for a little bit at times but once i'm cooled off again i'm right back too it, as long as my hands don't get sweaty i'm good to go

Archived