Tell us about your Project From Hell

hi amber, well how picky can someone be??:<> shame on them, i would have loved it anyways, even buying it. after all it wasn't your fault. i think my worst project was a wrap that i tried to make for my DD senior ball. it was very pretty, until she tried it on. looked like it was made for a little person(she is 5'9" tall) i call her the giant, she calls me the midget::lol but in the end did finally get it fixed for her and her friends and of course her date loved it. her friends all wanted me to make them something to wear at graduation. can you imagine making 45 different items for kids as that is how many friends she had that asked me:lol told them sorry no can do:rofl but did make her a beautiful skirt and sweater to wear under her cap and gown. she still wears it. have a great night vicki:rollin

hi amber, well that makes sense i guess!!!:lol i'm sure that they will be able to use it. thats kinda sad though as you did your best and it wasn;t your fault the stupid pattern was messed up. i hope it is alright for them and you too:) , i am making scarve for my DD's friends now, but they are paying for them, can't afford it otherwise, but i do give them a good deal. i make them out of the specialty yarn(like the eyelash) and only charge them 20$, and since it costs me 12.50 to make them thats not bad i don't think. my DD said she saw some at norstroms(what she was doing there is beyond me anyways):rofl as that store is way out of my reach, but maybe she was just scouting out the clothes for me:lol , anyways she said they were almost 60$, and i'm like for a scarf?:faint and she said yup, you should charge more mom, but that is the price i said so i will abide by it!!!! hope your having a great weekend. take care, vicki:hug

Amber, I have a suggestion to correct your mis-striped flag. I know you spent a lot of time on the star field, so I think it will be worth it. It will be a bit of work, but you should be able to salvage it.

First, you'll need more red and white yarn (leftovers, if you have them.) If you have any kind of a border around the edge of the afghan, carefully rip it out. Then, take your scissors and cut straight across that offending red stripe. (You'll have to consider the yarn in that red stripe a loss.) Now, frog that red stripe and crochet a white stripe back on in its place. Oh, and you'll also need to cut the white stripe off the bottom of the flag.

Alright, but you'll still have the stripes at the top (the ones to the right of the blue field) in the wrong order. Did you sew that section of stripes to the blue field? If so, you can just carefully clip out your sewing. Once you have the stripes section detached from the blue field, cut off and frog the white stripe at the bottom (like you did for the red stripe above). Then add a red stripe at the top.

Finally, you should be able to whipstitch everything back together. If you decide to do this, let me know how it works out! :)

Archived