Wish me luck, too!

The McHenry County Fair starts on Wednesday. We bring all our stuff out on Monday and then wait for results on Wednesday. We usually get there early to see how we do. The barn opens at 9:00 in the morning, and we are there, waiting to see.

This year, I have made 6 crochet items and one plastic canvas item. Also, I am trying my hand at baking this year, so I am making two kinds of cookies and a quickbread.

This is the most I have ever entered.

I made an afghan, a complete baby outfit, an ornament, a bridal ringbearer's pillow, crocheted sock cuffs (for the trim division), and a scarecrow airfreshener. In plastic canvas, I made a sign for my DD's bedroom and I am entering that. It is my own design.

When DD gets some time, I will have her post some pictures.

Wish me luck! I'll let you know how I did.

Linda:manyheart

I don't know how I'm going to do. I saw some afghans when I dropped off mine, and They were much better than mine. I'm just worried now. :( Next year, I will have to do much better! I'll find out how I did on Wednesday!:)

Linda

I received 5 blue ribbons, 3 reds and a yellow (5th)!

My mom's secret recipe cookies received 1st place. She says I have to give her half the money because it was her recipe!:lol I don't think so!

My afghan only placed 5th. But the winner really deserved it. It was a full size white one with millions of little popcorns on it in a design. And a great green border.

I'll be posting pictures on Monday when I get all my stuff back.

The fair is loads of fun. Great place to show off what you can do!

Lots of unique food also. My son wants to try a batter dipped fried peanut butter and jelly sandwich. PB& J are his favorite!

It's a great time!~

Linda:manyheart

Archived