Portrait of a Crocheter

I just had to share this drawing my 8 yr. old GD made of me this week. She was staying with me for a few days, and we did drawings of each other. I think we have a budding artist here!

:artist

Notice the left first finger in the air (cracks me up!) and the remote to my right. She caught just about every detail. I think I'll frame it.

:tup

Shellesportrait.jpg

Shellesportrait2.jpg

Definitely a keeper...a framer....

Funny isn't it? How detailed kids are? They don't miss a thing. I think we tend to loose that when we get oder and skim over things too much.

Very cute picture!!

Oh Yeah! I would frame that as well:no ! I agree with you Jchlim, we do not realize how much kids see .....I guess your Granddaughter inherited your artistic talents Shelle!:jumpyay

Oh Shelle, that's so cute! Your GD even included the ball of yarn! And I must say, the likeness of you is extraordinary! :lol My little grandson (3) is VERY interested in crochet. He puts his nose right near my crochet hook when I'm working and then will sit alone and pantomime my movements. I promised him I'd teach him next time I come over. I'll have to be sure to take my camera.

How cute :) I always crochet with the remote nearby, too. I'll listen to the news, or watch an old favorite like Pride & Prejudice.

Thanks everybody! Wait til I show her all your comments! She'll be thrilled. When she was 5 yrs. old (had just turned 5) we were riding in the car and she was in the backseat strapped in of course, and she drew a sun-flower from memory. I still have it, and it's better than I could've done. I framed it in a pretty, antique frame & hung it in my kitchen. I still love that picture. Her signature reflects her age, but the drawing is extraordinary - especially in a moving vehicle!!:manyheart Thanks again for all the nice comments. :ghug

Archived