Has anyone made this.....

Dragonfly Afghan? http://www.anniesattic.com/detail.html?code=834063 I'm in the process of making this now, and I would love to see someone else's finished Afghan. This would also make a great crochet along Project too. It's super simple to make. I'm using the same color scheme as show in their photo and its going to be gorgeous!!!:manyheart

Krystal

I haven't made this afghan and I have never seen it either....sorry! It is gorgeous though, and I bet when your's is finished, it is going to be gorgeous as well. Make sure you post a pic of your finished project! It's going to be well worth the effort.

This afghan so far is so simple and easy. The only thing i'm not gonna like about it is weaving in the ends!! *LOL* I'm not a fast crocheter so it takes me a little longer to get things done, but the only thing so far in making the blocks that takes the longest is the black dragonfly itself because I cant seem to find my stitches in the black yarn and it takes me a while to hunt for them!

Krystal

It might help you to find the stitches in the black yarn to keep something light colored on your lap when you're doing that part...then you see the white (or whatever light color you use) through the stitches and it's easier to find them....

It's beautiful!!!

Jessie

I thought about it but wanted to see it in person first. Honestly I'm not crazy about the colors, I wanted something to fit my home colors.

Then I found the one in Crochet! last month, scroll to almost the bottom:

http://www.crochetmagazine.com/tableofcontents.php

That one is in butter but I'm going to make mine in a soft green, RH Frosty Green.

I've worked up one square to see how it goes and I love it. I have to put the rest on hold for now though.

I can't wait to see how your's turn out because I still might get that pamplet. :)

I have both patterns. The leaflet and the one from Crochet! magazine. I did start the one from Crochet! magazine and am in love with the pattern. This other pattern is also going to get started (since I have dragonflies in my bedroom).

Can't wait to see the finished pics.

is crochet an online magazine or would I be able to find it in stores? also is it possible to order old issues cause I saw a few things I absolutly LOVED in the one Empress posted the link for

It's a magazine to buy.

As for buying it, let me quote myself from my previous post:

You might be able to find it if it's not sold out and they've not restocked yet.

One of my JoAnn's actually had one copy that was put in the wrong spot so it didn't get removed when the new ones got put in

I have that Dragonfly booklett. It also has patterns for ladybug blanket and butterflies. My daughter has already informed that she would like that butterfly one. The squares are black, but the butterflies themselves are done up in brights (pinks, yellows) and or neon colors... lol

It does look nice.

I love the dragonfly pattern!! Dragonflies are my thing, right down to my tat!! I can't wait to see how it turns out. I will have to get that pattern!! Thanks for sharing!!

This afghan so far is so simple and easy. The only thing i'm not gonna like about it is weaving in the ends!! *LOL* I'm not a fast crocheter so it takes me a little longer to get things done, but the only thing so far in making the blocks that takes the longest is the black dragonfly itself because I cant seem to find my stitches in the black yarn and it takes me a while to hunt for them!

Krystal

What you *could* do is use stitch markers to mark your black stitches before you crochet into them -- that helped me A LOT when I was working with a coffee brown yarn in the round!! If you don't have that many stitch markes to mark it all first (that's what I did) then you could just do 10 stitches (or however many) at a time. But it REALLY, REALLY helped me!! ~~ HTH

I saw that pattern booklet a while back. I'd like to make the dragonfly one for my stepdaughter's new dorm room -- but she's been gone for over a month so I haven't been able to run it by her yet. I'd hate to make and have her not like it -- I've found that out the hard way with her a few times already....(apparently her and I don't share the same taste :no ) but I know she likes the colors so it might appeal to her??

I saw that pattern booklet a while back. I'd like to make the dragonfly one for my stepdaughter's new dorm room -- but she's been gone for over a month so I haven't been able to run it by her yet. I'd hate to make and have her not like it -- I've found that out the hard way with her a few times already....(apparently her and I don't share the same taste :no ) but I know she likes the colors so it might appeal to her??

I hear you on that one Cristin. I'd like to make something for my daughter's dorm room too, but everything I like she doesn't. Oh well.

I'm hoping beyond hope that this turns out okay. This is my first Afghan ever and I am a bit nervous about it. I'm pretty sure my recipient will be thrilled with it since she is crazy about dragonflies. My mother passed away last month and I'm doing this to show her how much it meant to me that she helped with my mom in taking care of her. The last week that My mom was home before she passed away she had to have someone sit with her 24 hrs a day because she was in a coma(sp?) due to terminal bladder cancer and we couldn't all stay up like that so we took shifts in staying up because we had to keep her mouth swabbed out every 15 or so minutes. And I could never repay her enough for helping me and my family during this very difficult time and I wanted to do something special for her, hence the afghan. I'm just so nervous about the thing not turning out right. And then if it turns out as beautiful as its looking like it will, I'm not sure I want to part with it! :eek:lol

But I'm on square 15 with 5 more after that and I cant wait to get starting on putting it all together! I'll definately post a pic when I get it completed! And for a first timer, this is really so far a super easy one to do! Just takes a little while with getting the ends weaved in and such.

Krystal

Ok.. I showed the butterflies to my daughter and she "thinks" she might like it.. we've even discussed making it in her school colors (she giggled at the thought of Garnet & Gold butterflies).

so, I'm off to order the booklet. I'm also going to order yarn from Knitting-Warehouse to finish an afghan that I ran out of Navy Yarn for.. and thought I might order for the butterfly one.. if I knew how much.

Could one of ya'll who have the Annie's booklet please either PM me or Post the type (worsted weight, sport, baby..etc.) and amount of yarn needed for the butterfly?

Thanks so much.

To be quite honest, I haven't even started on the ends yet! :eek:blush:lol

I'm just making my squares and figure i'll torture myself all at one time in the end when I get all of them completed before actually joining the squares together to finish it up.

Krystal

Archived