In-progress and future projects....

So...What are you all working on currently, and/or what pattern/design/type of crochet do you hope to have time for soon?

I always have at least 4 things going on! I'm currently working on...

1) *gasp* another lacy crocheted poncho in that "one-pound" yarn? by Caron? Its a Wine color, really pretty and VERY affordable...my friend is due early next month with her first child and she can wear the poncho now, and after so YAY!

2) gotta finish a simple kids hat to match a poncho.

3) weave in ends of another Jessica Shawl,the triangles one (delta crochet?) Did that in an oatmeal color.

as far as near future (hopefully, pfft! you know how that goes!) projects, I hope to start or learn:

1) simple spinning techniques..with a drop spindle, looks interesting and would love to say "I made the yarn AND the sweater!" HAH!

2) That open-weave crocheted sweater in Interweave Presses Crochet Edition..I want to use Lion Brand Wool Easy chunky...I love this color called Huckleberry...

3) That Cocoon (sp?pfft!) sweater! I was looking for a sweater pattern similar to that, I want to study the pa ttern so I can alter it. This particular silhouette is very popular this year and for Spring

4) Design a line of Spring/Summer Accessories/crocheted pieces...

How about you guys?:knit

What are you all working on currently, and/or what pattern/design/type of crochet do you hope to have time for soon?

well, currently, i have so much going, i'll just send you over to my blog to ck it all out - it's true insanity....:sweat

as far as near future (hopefully, pfft! you know how that goes!) projects, I hope to start or learn:

i would like to get finished with the 'scouring' of my wool, carding so i can begin to spin it all.

crochet:

i really really want to make a filet coverlet thingy for my mom... and of course, as much clothing as possible for my dtr.

i want to do a hoodie for my oldest. i would like to make a cardigan/jacket type thing for myself from the (what i have dubbed) "calico" wool i have. and too many other things to list :read

in progress:

Hiawatha Poncho (almost done)

border for the afghan i did

practicing my knitting

future:

thread crochet table runner

scarf for hubby

mittens for me

knit a scarf for me

a red afghan for bedroom

Tshell - that's funny that you mentioned Hiawatha poncho - because I just bought it from ebay's Stitch Diva. I'm going out and searching for yarn this weekend at the woolie ewe in Plano...can I ask what type of yarn are you using?

And as far as other WIPs....here's my list

Finish and Mail my scarf for my secret Crochetville swap (just deciding on the right fringe)

Finish my Halloween poncho for niece JoHannah

Finish toddler poncho in cherry and mango for friend.

Working on hats and scarves for the Cheyenne River.

Scarf for my mom - (she bought the neatest Dazzle yarn)

Finally for me - maybe start my Hiawatha poncho!

Carmen

<a href="http://photobucket.com/albums/v439/lilhatshack/Completed%20Works/" target="_new">lilhatshack completed crochet</a>

hi, i am making several things right now. several scarves and baby items as my best friends DD is expecting in janurary, and am also working on christmas presents, which consist of a filet of the statue of liberty, and a afghan of a tiger(future hopeful present for christmas) christmas ornaments, both for family and friends and our wonderful men and women overseas defending this wonderful country of ours and another purse for my DD, she is soooo spoiled when it comes to purses. all the ones she has(think lots here) i have made except one, and she only uses that cause her nana gave it to her and she doesn't want to hurt her feelings:angel , also some extra scarves for the homeless people here in my home town,. i make them and give them to the sherrifs department and when they respond to someone who is in need(there are a lot of needy people out there) they can give them a warm scarf. also little animals for the children who have suffered some type of trauma(car accident, mom or dad getting hauled off to jail ??????) i also give those to the fire department so that they can give them out to the little ones. the list is endless:rofl have a great night vicki

In progress:

- scrap yarn rug (almost finished sewing the strips together, then just need to work the ends in)

- shawl (maybe 75% done)

- mesh scrubbies (starting over with a new pattern since I didn't like how my test one turned out)

Soon:

- Polish star potholders

- the rest of those mesh scrubbies plus a couple that use a regular nylon scrubbie with a back and edging put on it

- some other kitcheny stuff, not sure what yet

(that stuff's all for a gift basket for my mom for Christmas)

- beaded fishnet shawl

- no-sew fleece blanket

All the "soon" stuff is gifts - right now I'm finishing up on "me" things (the shawl and throw rug), then I'm probably booked through November with gift projects :knit

lilhatshack-- I'm using Reynolds Lopi. I got them from a supplier on ebay for a decent price. (Toadal is their ebay name). I could have just used Woolease probably, but I like the thick/thin of the Lopi.

I'm almost done with it. I'll post a pic when its all finished.

hmm let me see.

i am about to leave on one of my little nomadic trips so i have been planning a few things to take with me to work on as i will be gone for a whole week!

i just finished yet another poncho that was a commission job and i have to finish up the other one she ordered as well.. that will be done by sunday when i leave..

while i am gone this is what i have planned..

a beaded shawl...

gonna take a wild stab at some socks (since i have sock yarn now!)

an evening wrap...

a bag or two ...

and a couple UFO's that i will have uninterrupted time to work on ...

amber, thats great news. i wish i could get someone to buy items from me. their all a bunch iof cheapskates around here:<> have a great day, i'm off to pay bills:cry :cry but if i want to keep everything running i must do it::U talk to you soon.vicki

hi amber, not yet but my son is suppose to help me set one up, then maybe i can sell some stuff:bounce , how are you tonight? doing good i hope. well best get going as my DD just got home from school(she is in college) and needs the computer for homework:cry so i guess i won't get it back until the morning as she is a night owl and i am a early bird. talk to you tomorrow. vicki::))

Oh, I was meaning to ask you about that beaded shawl, too. I remember in my post in the thread crochet section that you said you'd made the shawl I'm planning to make (this one: www.crochetmagazine.com/f..._shawl.pdf ) and I had a question for you.

I'm having a hard time finding the 8mm rice beads - do you think I'd be able to do it with 6mm ones? (I bought some just iin case, figuring I'd use them eventually or pass them on to my stepdaughter who does a lot of beaded jewelry.) I was concerned that the bead sorta defines the size of the beaded chain and would throw off my gauge with the 6mm ones, but I'm having the hardest time finding 8mm. (When I was in the city last weekend, I went to 2 Hobby Lobbys and a Michaels, and none of them had them - one Hobby Lobby was sold out, and the other one and the Michaels don't stock them. Can't seem to find them locally, either...)

Working on (meaning actually stitching on):

(you can see two here: www.angelfire.com/magic/b...nwips.htm)

1) A zig zag pattern wrap using Plymouth Baby Alpaca in a burgandy/wine color.

2) A single crochet baby blanket blending two strands of Lion's brand baby soft

3) A scarf for one of my sisters.

Coming up:

More scarves for gifts, I have the yarn for 3 so far, will need yarn for two or so more.

Bagpipes..

I am going to make the Midnight Shawl in crochet fantasy..but I am going to be using a thin mohair.. we shall see what it looks like when i am done .. the base strand to the mohair isnt any bigger than a #10 cotton so it should turn out nice I think .. I am using black glass beads that have an irridesent coating...

I am also going to make the beaded shawl in the IKCrochet magazine in the blue mohair/wool/nylon blend I got at the thrift store the other day .. its like a navy with a small shiny strand of lime green wrapped around it so I am going to put lime green beads on it... I will take pics.. I promise !!

how are you tonight?

Oops, missed this. I'm doing fine Vicki. Very Busy though.

On top of all the things I have listed above, I really want to make some baby things (blankets and booties) for our local Problem Pregnancy center. So, time to weight out what is more important.

Amber

Well, friday was my sisters birthday and I have been trying to make her something for a month now, but nothing seemed right. I was froggin things left and right, until yesterday. :clap I finally started something that I liked, and now I know that it will be a tote bag type purse! I am so excited to get that done. (I have a little bit of time before I need to finish it, I probably won't be able to see her until thanksgiving)

I also went down the hall the other day holding my pop in one of the cozies that I made nd one f my floormates asked me to make her one, anad asked how much it would be :woohoo . I told her I would have to get back to her on it. I don't want to charge too much (it is a can cozie) but I don't want to charge too little (it does take about 4 1/2 hours to make one). I was thinking 3-5$, do you all think that is fair?

AND last night, another person that lives on my floor came down and was using the cozie and wants to pay me for one also! I contemplated selling them, but not as much as I should have, I guess!:D

And, Amber, you were asking about web-sites... I want to get a simple one set up, so I can start selling my stuff to people around here. After I do that, I will put an ad on this website for MSU students only so I don't have to worry about shipping or anything, and they can look at that, e-mail me and set up a time to come buy it if they want to.

I have made a few more hats and scarves, but I have to finish the camera off before I can develop them and upload them for all to see :) I had better get hookin'!:ha

Archived