Ministry Challenge Sqs needed PHOTO ADDED POST 185

Jimmie Lu

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi! Just wondering when it ends and has it already? I'm at about 360 or so. Kinda running out of yarn lol. I'll mail them out soon, but I thought I might do just a few more. I don't want to cheat though if the challenge has already ended. I'll still make a few more, but not "count" them. Just let me know! :)

Victoria

Sherri,

Tidewater Dr is flooded,traffic lights out,can't believe people are driving through that high water,they are already showing cars stalled out.

our winds are running 30 mph,we are 30 minutes from the oceanfront.In Va.beach the winds are 50-60 mph. Linda

Jimmie Lu,

I tried to post my totals yesterday but couldn't get in. I have 530 squares to send. I will send them out on Tuesday as I am now gone for the holiday weekend and didn't bring them along.

I used up my stash and then some...but it was a worthy cause

Thanks everyone on Friday I got a box from Lauren with 50 6 in and 6 12 in plus 2 market bags

the second came from Lucy with 116 sqs

I am soon going to bust the walls out with sqs lol hope my homeowners insurance will cover it

Hi! I mailed out my box, with squares STUFFED in. I got as many as I could get in, but it is a couple short of the 375 I thought I would be able to get in... It should be around 350 anyway. I didn't count, just stuffed and stuffed... lol They said you should get it in 10 days. Seemed like a long time, but there you go. It's on its way!

Victoria

My box is on the way...I mailed it yesterday afternoon. I think I only ended up with 54 squares but also sent a baby ripple afghan I made, I figured you could use it....and you don't have to put it together ;)

Thanks ladies my puter is being a sickly puter again but here is what I got since my last post

Classic crochet (arrived today) 94 sqs and such bright beautiful colors

Stout(name on envalope) 16 sqs and 2 12 inch

Pineknott my poor mail lady had to bring your box in the trunk of her car lol yours was 310

So with my own total of 356 the total in my care right now of 6 inc sqs is

Wait till you see the pictures of ALL THE SQS lol

My poor postal carrier I will have to make her something special for all her hard work

nashvillecrocheter is stout and I made a boo boo she sent 36 sqs

Sorry

wildflwr you package came today I LOVE the baby ripple you sent me!!!! makes me want another erghh what am I saying!!!! lol so I got a baby gahn and 54 sqs

That 1202 sqs and my garden tub is busting

coolhockeymom you box came yesterday with 545 sqs (yes I counted them all) pheww!!!

Total thus far 1776 making me able to make 43 afgahns of 42 sqs Yahooie!!!

Next week I should have allthe sqs in and will then photo them (you should see where I am storing them) and begin the joining process I have 2 others helping and they are ready ready ready to go!

You ladies are so AWESOME

Jimmie Lu ... I have only a few squares to send, but I am sending some! i enjoyed making a few with some leftover yarn. they are going out on Monday, so you should be getting them next week (hopefully). Can't wait to see the results, sounds like a huge project!

Hi JimmieLu,

Don't want to bother you, but just checking, did you get the box I sent? I mailed it out on Sept 1.

I included some yarn for finishing - sewing and bordering, etc - and the patterns I used just in case you needed to add a few more squares.

(I tried to ask via PM, but it keeps closing down when I try to send :huh )

Thank you,

Sharon

Archived