Ministry Challenge Sqs needed PHOTO ADDED POST 185

Jimmie Lu

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jimmie Lu,

I'm mailing you a box today, Wednesday, with 100 squares in it:clap

I have a few more squares but they would not fit in the box. I tried stuffing them in but I had visions of the box exploding squares all over the postman:devil

I 'll make a few more before the end of the month and send them to you.

I have 91 now. I was kinda disappointed, I thought I had 80 something a couple days ago, then crocheted for two nights and only had 91. I really must have miscounted earlier. :o(

I laid them out and am now tempted to sew one together just for the heck of it. (Less for Jimmie Lu to do if it is already assembled) No promises though. I even found some squares my mother had done YEARS ago, she died three years ago and I know she had not crocheted during her last 7 year illness. So I just added a row to them so they are now 6".

Jimmie Lu,

I am stalled out at 50. I just found out my MIL's breast cancer is back for the 3rd time. I've stopped making squares so I can make her an afghan to take to the hospital in mid-September. I have 2 market bags that I will try to stuff into the mailer as well. I will be able to make of these more once I get this done.

I was hoping to make enough for 2 blankets, but I'm glad I can help this much.

Good Luck,

Lauren

I was digging through my stash looking for a specific skein for another project and I found a bag full of little balls of yarn. They begged me to take them out and help them become 6" squares to send to Jimmie Lu.

So when I have to take a break from "following a pattern", I am working on more 6" squares.

Probably won't make 100 more, but I will make many more to be mailed before the end of August. :)

So far I have 11 more to send.

You guys are awesome!!!!!

I went camping this week and burned my thumb very badly(2nd deg) so progress for me slowed down a bit. But today I was able to meke more

Also a note in the boxes I have set for sqs (mine and incomming) there are 350+ phew I will be busy!!! I certianly do not mind.

All of you doing these squares for Jimmie Lu are amazing. This is one time that I couldn't help but I see that those of you that have stepped up are making up for the rest of us. The cause is going to get great blankets and I can't wait to see pictures. Keep up the great work

Archived