Ministry Challenge Sqs needed PHOTO ADDED POST 185

Jimmie Lu

Vickietoria, I had to experiment a little to get them to come out right. I finally settled on an I hook and 5 rows.

When I was using sport weight, I used a H hook and 6 rows. Sometimes I needed to add a round of sc to make it big enough.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I made 13 squares yesterday...so I up to 20 total. Makes me happy! I'm doing something to help others and my yarn stash is diminishing!

The bad news is...I have to weave in the ends on the 13 I made yesterday :(

I'm gonna do that today before I start more squares. If I don't, I"ll never want to weave in the ends.

Well, it must be divine intervention that led me to this thread today. I saw it and thought, maybe I can do this. Then Hubby turned up with a bag of FREE yarn he got from someone on craigslist. I may not make it to 100 or even 200, but I do feel the need to make some squares and send them your way. I have nothing to lose and the yarn was fah-ree.

No question about it!

Got to tell you all some good news YOU DO NOT HAVE TO WEAVE IN TAILS FOR ME. I actually prefer to do it as I join them. That is just me though. If they are wove in great but dont worry about it.

As for my sqs I use a G(clover soft touch for me seems a bit maybe a smigin bigger that a boye) and 5 rounds. The come out very very close to the 6 in. Plus I get so many that if they are a bit smaller or larger you all are sendin so many I am sure .010 isnt gonna hurt.

I have 3 other people here in PA near me who help stitch them up incase you wondered about who does all the piecing. so PLEASE OVER FLOOD ME WITH THEM I LOVE IT!!!

Just a note I take all size sqs 6,8,and 12inch so if you have some lying around toss them in I can always use them up.

You all are so wonerful. Wait and see just how many gahns we can whip up when we are alll working together.

thats wonderful that we don't have to weave in ends,now I can start sooner in the mornings.

the total at the end of the month should be awesome,with all the help,I'm happy to be a part of this project.

Linda

Not sure how many I'll have, but I'll definetly have some to send...I got 4 done so far. This is perfect because my mom just got me a HUGE skein of this pink and red yarn that she fell in love with and just KNEW I'd love it too. Well, turns out her taste and mine are very different.:lol It is unbelieveably bright and I didn't know what i was going to do with it. For that matter, I have quite a few skeins like that...lol! It's great to be able to use them up and for a great cause to boot.

I finally sat down yesterday and put the my nose to the grindstone. I managed to crank out 16 squares. Woo Hoo!

EDIT: Jimmie Lu, a question if I may. What is your policy on the color black? Are you opposed to it? I know some groups won't take any black squares, blankets, etc. If you don't want solid black squares, would you take alternating black and another color squares, such as white, cream or yellow (all of these are in my stash)? Thanks.

I know I won't make near 100, but I did just buy a large order of Red Heart Kids that I couldn't resist but didn't have any plans for. This will be perfect!!

I read all the messages so far, but was there an address listed for where to send? And by what date do you need the squares sent to you? THanks!

:garden

Just found this and i would like to join ...not sure how many i can get done but I will give it my best shot...

Now am i right in saying these do not have to be mailed until the first week of Sept.????

Ok im off to get started :)

I have 75 so far

For mailing you can PM me for an addy Plus they dont need shipped until the first week of Sept.

Every sq counts

My polocy on black. I do not mind a few black sqs however I try to ask for alternating as an over abundance can seem blahhh

one or 2 worked into a gahn of very brights can be pretty but a whole black gahn I wouldnt make.

I only managed to get 8 new ones done last night for a total of 18.

It might be a slow crochet weekend because the weather is supposed to be beautiful and my pool is calling me. :sun I'll try to get some more done in the evenings though.

Deb

Archived