Harry potter "Golden Snitch" bookmark

Here is my Golden Snitch! I got the pattern from here

http://www.geocities.com/febmommy/goldensnitch.html

it was a bit hard to make because I did not have the right size cord to work with, so this one is three strands of metallic thread throuhgout. I used a size 0(zero) hook. Hope you like it!

My Golden Snitch bookmark

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h157/DKousmat58/Crochet/DCAM0012-1.jpg

This little cutie took me TWO HOURS to make!:eek I guess I am not used to working with such small hooks and threads:blush ! I was thinking of giving them as Christmas gifts along with a HP book, but I think I better get the right king of thread first! LOL:lol!

my DGS would LOVE this...he is such a HP fan that at the first movie they had a Nimbus2002 in the lobby that he wanted to take home and cried because he couldn't have one...we bought him one that year..not quite the same but for him it was a good imitation...it even vibrated.

You captured the Golden Snitch!!!! Congrats, that is a lovely bookmark .. as soon as the site comes back up .. I will be copying this pattern .. my children will be attending Hogwarts Summer School in August ... these would be brilliant!

That is really a cute bookmark. I wanted to have a peek at the pattern you used, but it said the "site was unavailable"......whatever that means.

I'd like to try and make one. It doesn't really look that hard, but for me it will take days, lol!

Great job. I just bought the newest HP book today for a friends birthday next week - that would make a perfect little extra. I on the other hand I am waiting to get the latest HP book for myself on my Christmas List to my family. My brother and sil usually get it for me when the new paperbacks come out. I think I can wait until Christmas - I still have the last two to finish reading - almost half way thru the second last one.

Well, Thank you to everyone for their kind words! I loved making it, and I am sure I will be making more in the future! I am not sure why the site is down, Daisy....Perhaps if you try later! Anyway, all these fine compliments mean a lot to me.....thanks again!

I think everyone was so excited by how great Debbie's snitch turned out that we flooded the pattern site! :U

That is so cute! I can just see it flying through my books. I'll be one of those waiting for the site to come back up. Thanks for sharing, Debbie!!

That is super cute, you did a great job. I had made some HP book scarves last year (tiny knitted house scarves) and used #5 embroidery thread, and it does take forever! I started feeling embarrassed at how long they were taking me.

I'm definitely going to try the snitch, thanks for the link.

Archived