What to make for my next project?

I'm blocked at the moment. I'd like to perhaps make an afghan, but am not sure what type. Do I want to do squares, strips, or one-piece? Do I want to do traditional crochet, Tunisian, or crochet on the double? I have three colors picked out already. I'm a beginner, but not totally--I have made a few hats and very simple things, and I'd like to try something a bit more challenging (but not too advanced). Anyone have any advanced beginner afghan ideas? Thanks.

ok ok how about a dishcloth...hahah...everyone could use a dishcloth or two to pass the time in between projects....dont worry i am not mocking you...I just remember asking the same question on here a while ago!!! I tend to go searching and searching late at night for a pattern that sparks my interest!

Good luck....did you already find something?

I didn't think you were mocking, no offense taken! I've done several dishcloths and will still do some of them, but I think I'd like to do an afghan for my bed. I found a 3-color square with a tic-tac-toe pattern in the center, which pleases hubby because he doesn't want the bed to be totally girly. Here's the link:

http://crochet.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=crochet&zu=http%3A%2F%2Fmembers.aol.com%2Fgandal195%2Ftictactoe.html

Hey, that's a pretty neat square pattern! I wanted to tell you that the first afghan I made was in granny squares. I liked it because it felt like I was getting something done everyday. I was pretty slow at first, but getting a square done felt like more than if it were a one piece blanket, and I got another row done or something. Anyway, good luck! :)

Victoria

Thanks for the good wishes! Squares would also be nice for portability. Plus, this time of year, I won't have a huge afghan on my lap when I get to a certain point. But I'm still toying with doing a Tunisian afghan. Oh well, I'll work on small stuff and think about it for a few more days.

Archived