Snowflakes, anyone?

mimicat

Hi! I'm not sure I could interest you with some snowflakes now, but I woke up the other day and I suddenly had the urge to make some. I plan to make a collection just by looking for free patterns or those from my old books and magazines.

For starters here are two I made from patterns I found (on CPC, of course):

200026547_9606a3e999_m.jpg

Above photo shows snowflake #3 from Aly Hymel, and the one on the right is a Snowflake pattern from Yule Family Christmas site

Both were made from Cannon with metallic thread, size 8, using size 6 )1.4mm) steel hook.

More details on my blog entry. Thanks for looking!:hook

Awesome snowflakes:cheer ! I like making :hook them too! And you can really get up quite a collection from now until the holiday season! Thanks for sharing with us!:hug

I ahve tried to make snowflakes off and on for years... jsut can't get the hang of it... I put them on my Holiday's wish list cause I think they are beautiful...( just not when I crochet them)... and I happen to agree... anything that will cool me off right now is welcome!

:2snowman OOOOOOOOO I love snowflakes! I have a bunch of plastic ones that I put on my tree every year. I really should crochet a ton of them and replace those old plastic ones. I guess I will have to put that on my to do list! :yes

They are very pretty. I have seen snow a few times in my travels and have decided I am not a snow person... unless it is in a cone.:lol :lol .

Mimi what will you do with them?

Thank you for your comments, its very encouraging, I will have to make some more :hook

I plan to add them to our tree decorations for Christmas, and maybe if I make a lot, I could RAOK some of it ;)

Very pretty. I use to make a ton of those and gave them all away. I think I'll get back to it and keep most for myself. :D

What are you using to stiffen them with?

ROAKing them is a good idea. Christmas ornaments fit nicely in envelopes. Thanks for the tip. :)

Very pretty. I use to make a ton of those and gave them all away. I think I'll get back to it and keep most for myself. :D

What are you using to stiffen them with?

ROAKing them is a good idea. Christmas ornaments fit nicely in envelopes. Thanks for the tip. :)

Michelle,

I stiffen mine with a mixture of 1/2 white glue and 1/2 water. Wet them first, then soak them in the glue mixture for a few minutes, then pin to a foamcore board covered with waxed paper or plastic wrap. Make sure you use rust-proof pins, otherwise they will mark the snowflakes! :flake

Very pretty snowflakes :manyheart I have been obsessed with snowflakes myself lately ..I have been looking at all my crochet books to see what I can turn into flakes..:lol

:D Thanks, Ana! Have you posted a photo of your snowflakes?

I just saw your gorgeous shawls on your blog.:hook

Archived