Do you have a "yarn station"?

Vik

I´ve been lurking yarn stations in some blogs and I really enjoyed it, looking the different ways we organize our dear hobby.

Today is my turn! I must confess that I was arranging everything to look tidy for the picture... In fact, I have to thank this post, the station looks much better as before! Here it is! Welcome to Vik´s Yarn Station!

http://like-grandma.blogspot.com/

Who shows next? :manyheart

Wow! Very organized, I am impressed. What a pretty cabinet, too.

I wish I was so organized. I do have MOST of my magazines and leaflets in a bookcase, but the yarn is in the closets (times three), under the bed in plastic boxes, stacked five high boxes in computer room, some in living room.....

I just want to say that I loved your afghan, too. Wonderful choice of colors.

My husband built a wall of shelves in my laundry room so I have bins of yarn and fabric as well as large pans and other assorted items I need to store. I'm not as neat and organized as Vik though!

Love your yarn station Vic! I just have my various projects in seperate plastic bags, and all of them are collected together in a large boxlike table I have in my sitting room...it is about 1 meter cubed, and can hold a lot!

I never had space before but we are moving to our new place today which has a super huge closet in the spare bedroom... I envision stackable cubes with mounds of squishy color for me to choose from...

OH the dream!

I guess you could say I have several yarn stations! :manyheart I have enclosed shelves downstairs to hold my charity yarn and pattern books, and I have my current projects upstairs in my office in containers and on a book shelf! Oh, then I have a container under my coffee table and one hidden behind an end table in the living room! I don't think I'll run out of yarn anytime soon,especially since I was just given :yarn :yarn :yarn :yarn :yarn :yarn :yarn :yarn LARGE bags of yarn for the charity projects my friends and I make!

I don't have one right now, but I'm moving to a larger place in a few weeks (reminder to self: find a place to move to), and I'm hoping that the extra room will give me the space to set up a nice crafts room/library.

I've been keeping most of my yarn in big clear plastic boxes in the corner of my office. I'm beginning to think I'm going to have to find a new space for it though, because recently my stash began growing beyond what the corner of my office can handle!

You know what, I think that the more space we have the more space we need... Hanks and balls reproduce themselves, as well as patterns, magazines, plastic bags with UFOs/WIPs ... Oh my!

:manyheart

Vik, I just got a new place, I'm moving in 2-3 weeks. My new apartment is almost double the size of my current place. One bedroom will become my library/craft room, and I'm going to have loads of fun deciding where and how to display all my yarn. That room has a huge closet, too. I can't wait to have a proper craft room. :cheer I just hope all my new space doesn't mean I'm going to double the size of my stash!

Oh Renee! Having one whole room exclusive for crafts sounds like HEAVEN!!! :c9That will be more than a yarn station, it will be a yarn room, PERFECT!!!

-------

Well, it will have to share with all my books, and I have a lot of them, but it's such a large room and closet, I don't think it'll be crowded at all. I may buy some nice cube shelves for displaying some of my yarn. I'm going to have a futon in that room for working on my crochet and for reading. I can't wait!

• 4 weeks later...

:yarn I don't have a yarn station yet. :( We live in a super small (<600 sq ft) apt with 3 adults, a dog, and a cat. Right now all my craft stuff is in a tiny clear 3 drawer plastic thing from Walmart and anything extra like WIP and stuff is in Walmart plastic baggies on top of it. The whole thing teeters like it will fall if you look at it wrong:blush .

But I thought I'd post b/c with such a small place and it being SOOOO CROWDED I often dream of my "own" yarn room. Saw a cool thing on HGTV or DIY- wine racks can hold skeins of yarn. If I ever buy expensive (more than $4 skein) yarn, I will display it there, probably never use it, just walk by, touch and ooh and ahh.... Kinda of like what I do at Hobby Lobby :lol. But yeah! A whole room with one wall of decrative wine racks filled with pretty thick yarns in jewel tones. Then a nice rocker with plenty of arm space to crochet in, a TV or radio to listen to, and a cool lamp that goes by the chair for the best lighting! :c9

If wishes were horses then beggars would ride.

Melena :manyheart:yarn

• 3 weeks later...

I have an antique wooden steamer trunk that I keep crammed with yarn. Right now, that's it! I also keep gallon size ziplock bags at my chair with my current WIPs in them.

I *used* to have yarn everywhere in my house -- in totes under my bed, totes crammed under my coffee table, stuffed in cardboard boxes on top of my sewing table, crammed into a metal filing cabinet, the list goes on and on... Unfortunately, we lost our house and everything in it to Hurricane Wilma last year, and almost all of my stash was ruined!! I've been slowly putting it back together, but it's taking time!

I have an antique wooden steamer trunk that I keep crammed with yarn. Right now, that's it! I also keep gallon size ziplock bags at my chair with my current WIPs in them.

I *used* to have yarn everywhere in my house -- in totes under my bed, totes crammed under my coffee table, stuffed in cardboard boxes on top of my sewing table, crammed into a metal filing cabinet, the list goes on and on... Unfortunately, we lost our house and everything in it to Hurricane Wilma last year, and almost all of my stash was ruined!! I've been slowly putting it back together, but it's taking time!

Oh Tiffany, I´m so sorry about the hurricane and your house. It must have been terrible... :hug

Thanks for the "hugs" Vik! It has been almost a year and life is back to normal around here. We were lucky enough to have TONS of support from friends, family, our employers, etc. I still get a little choked up when I go looking for things like baby photos of my kids or the Christmas ornaments that my husband and I collected when we were newlyweds, but life goes on!!:)

I wish I did, heck I wish I was that organized even though I keep trying to be. lol My stuff is still in the original bags that I brought them home in, in a tote (WIPs) and all around me. I must become orgainized one of these days.

Oh you lucky ladies!! I just moved from a two-bedroom into a one-bedroom, so I've had to condense my previous "craft room" into a large closet. :blush Most of my Stamping and scrapbooking supplies have taken up that whole space, so my dreams of yarn takeover won't be happening any time soon! What I use now that actually works pretty well for me is a small storage ottoman - it's about 2'x2' with a top that is removable, and I've scrunched most of my stash in there. Of course, there are a couple projects floating around the house in plastic bags that haven't been finished - but they will be one of these days! The ottoman is pretty beat up, cat scratched, etc. but I plan to crochet a new top and sides to cover it one of these days. Until I can move into a yarn mansion it'll have to do!

Archived