BAAAAAD PAAATERRRRN.

I am speaking very slowly. I have about had it with Patterns!

This is a homespun top. I'm having enough difficulty doing sc with the yarn. And now you need to do it in the back stitches only. And only certain ones. (it really is more difficult then it sounds, I'm getting pretty frusterated) So, I think I am going to rearange the pattern. Sc in the ch1 holes instead of the back of the sc! Think that will work out?

(Copy the below answer and paste!)

Oh Amber how awfull! You poor thing! You're so brave to take on that big bad pattern. It is totally to blame.

Yes that is a wonderfull idea! You'r a genius! It should work out perfectly. Good luck sweety we're all rooting for you!

:D

Poor Amber

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Oh Amber how awful!! You poor thing! You're so brave to take on that big bad pattern. It is totally to blame.

Yes that is a wonderful idea! You're a genius! It should work out perfectly. Good luck sweety we're all rooting for you!

:))

And we are, too! :cheer2

Oh Amber how awfull! You poor thing! You're so brave to take on that big bad pattern. It is totally to blame.

Yes that is a wonderfull idea! You'r a genius! It should work out perfectly. Good luck sweety we're all rooting for you!

:hug2

Yes that is a wonderfull idea! You're a genius! It should work out perfectly. Good luck sweety we're all rooting for you!

Go, Amber! :cheer2 :cheer2

Oh Amber how awful! You poor thing! You're so brave to take on that big bad pattern. It is totally to blame.

Yes, that is a wonderful idea! You're a genius! It should work out perfectly. Good luck, sweety, we're all rooting for you!

Good luck, Amber!! :cheer2

Poor Amber

Guest SamplerLady

Was the pattern designed for Homespun? Because the only reason I can think to only use the back looks occasionaly is to create a pattern in the fabric and you would loose that in homespun because of it's thick and thin quality. So, I'd say, forget following that part of the pattern!

Oh yeah :D

Hey Amber,

I feel your pain. I tried working Homespun and I couldn't see my stitches either. So I moved on to other yarns. There are

too many other yarns to work with. Maybe one day I will conquer Homespun.

I hope your project turns out well.

:rotfl

*spanks bad pattern for Amber* Bad Pattern! Bad!!!:mad

I love how Homespun looks but I hate, hate, hate working with it. I'd rather work with super-skinny black yarn in dim light :P

I have had the same problem with Homespun. I'm make the striped trimed pocho from lionbrand site. It said first row sc is nub of chain. I couldn't figure out were the nub was with the homespun.:bang So I just sc in each ch. I haven't finished it yet but it looks good so far..

Betsy :yay

Guest Bifumus

Amber,

I think I've done the scarf pattern from Homespun that you're talking about. And guess what - I couldn't see the pattern either!! :thinking2 So I did the same thing you did and nixed the front/back loop thing. Homespun is a pain to work with but the results are so comfy!:rollin

:ducky

Oh yes I used the yarn to make 3 bunnies for my kids they all turned out to be different sizes :blush It's very difficult to see the stitches at all just looks like they're all running together. Brave soul you are for trying to make a top:clap We need to give you an award:hug2

:lol Thanks.

I'm not working on it right now, because I need to go full steam on an afghan order for Christmas. (The gal lives in Canada, so I need it done sooner than I would otherwise)

But I'll try to take some pictures on Christmas of us wearing our tops. (Remind me if I forget!)

Amber

Archived