dumb question

"The only dumb question is the one you don't ask." I really believe that. :D

Here is a link that might help. This looks like it should make a very professional-looking tassel.

Usually, here is what I do, which is simpler: take a few strands of yarn about twice as long as the desired tassel length. Put them all together side-by-side. Fold them together lengthwise in half. Put the folded end of this bundle through whatever you are attaching it to, and put all the loose ends through the loop made by the folded end. Tighten by pulling on the loose ends.

I take a piece of carboard approximately the length I want the tassle to be. Wind yarn around the carboard until you get the fullness you want. Take a short piece of yarn, push in under all the wound yarn on the cardboard. Pull that yarn up to the top edge, and make a tight knot. Now, cut the bottom edge of the yarn. Take another short piece of yarn and wind it about an inch below the top, knotting tightly. You may need to give the bottom edge a 'haircut' to make sure the length is even.

Joan

Usually, here is what I do, which is simpler: take a few strands of yarn about twice as long as the desired tassel length. Put them all together side-by-side. Fold them together lengthwise in half. Put the folded end of this bundle through whatever you are attaching it to, and put all the loose ends through the loop made by the folded end. Tighten by pulling on the loose ends.

Oops, I was thinking of fringes, not tassels! :blush But I think you are okay now, right? Sorry about that. The link is still good, though.

Archived